Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the Mac
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the Mac with XDesign, and on the move with iDesign.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with iDesign (Mac version of XDesign - Available on the iOS AppStore), keep all your designs in sync automatically between your Mac, iPad and iPhone.
Check out the XDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- Create designs using the traditional keyboard, mouse and large screen on the Mac using XDesign
- Full feature compatible with iDesign for iOS to take your designs on the move on your iPad/Phone
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
- Unlimited fast and smooth multitouch zoom with sharp and clear images
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Keyboard input options for setting the shape attributes and dimension values
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Undo/Redo individual points and move previous points even while creating multisegment lines and paths
- Autosave for all operations to ensure work is saved at all times
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
- Add, remove, merge, reorder, lock, hide layers independently
- Set layer transparency
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions, to format values in Feet + Inches (eg. 12' 3 1/4" ) - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard board sizes (A1 to A5, B4, B5, Letter, Tabloid) and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale of upto 10,000 times screen size with four decimal place precision
- Full set of standard unit systems, Points, Inches, Feet, MM, CM and Meters
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings for grid lines and separators
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points, rotation snap and custom snap settings for precise positioning
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats for Hi-Res professional quality output
- Import SVG files (from email attachments using “Open In” option and also via Dropbox)
- Full iCloud support and automatic sync of designs between devices, design files can be saved locally or on iCloud
- Standard support for printing
Bug fixes & macOS 10.13 update
- Updated for macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Added option to open text entry panel for text shape using Return key.
- Fixed text entry not applied when dismissing entry panel if the click to dismiss is dragged before releasing.
- Fixed import of SVG files (using CSS styles) created in some 3rd party applications.
- Fixed import of SVG files with unit settings to use correct unit system and scaling.
Ratings and Reviews
If your looking for a “Visio” type application for the Mac, here it is!
Great to scale drawing program. I cant believe how inexpensive this program was for what it offers. I really wanted a “Visio” type program and this fit the bill perfectly! I only wish I could figure out how to zoom in and zoom out with a shortcut. Otherwise, FANTASTIC!
The program has some good features, but it keeps crashing. When exporting, the program doesn’t akways export in the correct file format, therefore, cannot be opened by receiver. Was cheap enough, but I guess we get what we pay for. I don’t really think I will be able to use it. The program glitches are aborbing way too much of my time.
Light weight, easy to use vector app that merges iphone and mac!
As a user of Inkscape, I wanted something that could do a bit of vector graphic editing on the iphone and stumbled across the iDesign app and found it to be a pretty powerful app for the phone. I was very pleased that they made XDesign for the mac that bridges the two worlds so seamlessly. Light weight, easy to use vector app that merges iphone and mac! Good work. I would suggest making the saving/retrieving on the phone a bit easier, but the mac version is ace! Easy to design graphics, or even technical drawings. I’d like to see an option to “lock” an object in place, and move objects infront or behind another object. It’s probably in there already and I haven’t found it yet. For the short while I’ve used it, it has done everything I was expecting, and then some! Good work. Looking forward to what ever updates you make to this app. I think you’ve got a customer for life.
- TouchAware Limited
- 2.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2017 TouchAware Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.