Xynthesizr: 32-step matrix sequencer/synthesizer with generative features and MIDI
By Yuri Turov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xynthesizr is a streamlined yet capable 32-step matrix sequencer/monotimbral synthesizer with generative features and MIDI.
"This really is a lot of fun and, hooked up to a synth like Thor or Z3TA+, there are plenty of creative options to be explored here." - John Walden, musicappblog.com
"Xynthesizr is about the only tone matrix app that can keep up with my short attention span. There are so many ways to shape, and constantly reshape, your sound... There's a lot to play with here!" - Tim Webb, discchord.com
"Xynthesizr holds a lot of creative potential, and between a user friendly interface, a practical onboard synth, inspiring generative features, and solid MIDI implementation, this is a useful tool that can really benefit a wide range of iOS musicians." - Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com
"...one of my absolute go-to apps" - Sean Garland, iosmars.com
Watch video demos on http://xynthesizr.com
Whether you are a musician who wants to get inspired and realize their ideas, or a person who enjoys easily creating electronic tunes, this app is for you.
Create patterns and modify them in real time, or let Xynthesizr do it for you using its morphing algorithms. Change scale and key, or transpose within a scale on-the-fly. Tweak parameters of the internal synthesizer or output MIDI to your favorite apps and devices. Record and share your creations.
◦ MIDI support for syncing and sending notes to synths, samplers and drum machines
◦ Notes to MIDI channel mapping for driving multiple apps or devices simultaneously
◦ MIDI input to control transposition with note messages and synthesizer/sequencer parameters with CC messages
◦ Audiobus 2 support
◦ Inter-App Audio support
◦ Background audio support
◦ 40+ bundled presets
◦ Save, export and import your own patterns and presets
◦ Record and export audio via AudioCopy, AudioShare, SoundCloud®, Mail and iTunes file sharing
◦ Gestures to easily edit patterns on-the-fly
◦ [Conway's Game of] Life-like cellular automata and probability-based pattern morphing
◦ Limit pattern morphing to a selected area of the grid
◦ Variable tempo, step length subdivision and pattern length
◦ Variable velocity per step
◦ Selectable keys and scales with ability to transpose in real time
◦ An option to tie consecutive notes of same pitch to make longer notes
◦ Shift and flip patterns
◦ Create and use your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
◦ Extended range (27 notes for 4.7 and 5.5-inch screen devices, 26 notes for iPads and 4-inch, 22 notes for 3.5-inch)
◦ Color-coded octaves
Synthesizer and FX feature:
◦ 32-bit floating point sound engine
◦ 16 voice polyphony
◦ 2 antialiased oscillators per voice
◦ 4 waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
◦ 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
◦ 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter cutoff frequency)
◦ 2 LFOs to modulate 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
◦ Stereo delay, reverb and randomized panner
What's New in Version 1.4.3
◦ Fixed audio issues on iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
◦ Updated Audiobus SDK to version 2.2.2
not a toy
this tool is excellent for generative melodic and rhythmic patterns. use the built in synthesizer and it might be a little bit of a one trick pony, but once you expand the midi routing (which is actually very capable) then you can get some incredible stuff out of this.
one feature request: to bring trigger speed manipulation to each individual lane, so that instead of one vertical line that triggers notes, the user could actually set each lane to trigger at any subdivision. one would run at 1/16 while another moved across more slowly at whole notes.
One of the best iOS music apps available!
Absolutely love Xynthesizr. Brilliant app that allows you to either use the built-in synth, or use as a virtual MIDI controller. Amazing value at this price. Highly recommend.
Out of the few sequencers I've tried this one is my favorite! Super controllable and easy to use, even for a non-sequencer user!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yuri Turov
- © 2013 Yuri Turov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.