Your #1 finance destination to track the markets and the economy.
Follow the stocks you care about most and get personalized news and alerts. Access real-time stock information and investment updates to stay on top of the market.
• Track the performance of your personal portfolio.
• Add stocks to watchlists to get real-time stock quotes and personalized news
• Find all the financial information you need with sleek, intuitive navigation
• Go beyond stocks and track currencies, bonds, commodities, equities, world indices, futures, and more
• Compare stocks with interactive full screen charts
• Sign in to view and edit your Web portfolio on the go
• Track holdings performance
• Follow all the stocks you care about by searching for the ticker and tapping the star icon.
• Turn your device sideways to interact with full-screen charts
• Sync your portfolios across devices
With this release, you can now listen to videos even when the app is in the background. To do this, just start watching a video and leave the app - the audio will continue to play. You can use your device's built-in controls to pause and resume the audio track or change the volume.
This release also includes the addition of a new chart indicator, the Anchored VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price).
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be 5 star (before the recent versions broke things)
I really liked this app and its features, but the recent versions broke a couple things, so I rated 3 stars (at best) right now.
1. The app used to total up my portfolio based on the share quantity and basis prices I have entered. But now all I get is a bunch of black/red/green dots where my portfolio total should be. I tried pull-down refreshes and app restarts, but no luck. I cannot get a portfolio total anymore, which was a key feature for me.
2. When I scroll down to read additional news headlines, the scroll pane jumps around every few seconds as I am reading the headlines. This is really annoying.
Both these recent issues really impact the app’s usefulness, so now I can rarely stand using it.
Hi mkazimer - the dots where your total should be are an added privacy feature. If you tap on the dots the total will appear. In regards to the scrolling, that is a known issue and we are working to correct that. We appreciate all your feedback and thank you for choosing to use Yahoo Finance.
Data can’t be trusted and spamming is rampant
Used this app for over a year. It has not improved much from the beginning. There is no evidence that yahoo is actively working towards preventing the never ending useless spamming, constant gif posts from idiots looking for attention, and bots posting links to click bait sites. Sending problem notices fixes nothing which could be easy fixes for them. Simple algorithms can eliminate many of the repeated bot posts and disallowing gifs would make things better. No gif posted has ever been a benefit to the message board.
A recent update has also shut down my voting abilities. About 3 weeks ago, I sent a problem report and have heard nothing back. I recommend making use of the stock price update info but stay off the useless message boards.
Hi, we have resolved the issue with the mute function on the conversation board. Thank you for choosing to use Yahoo Finance!
Changes Vastly Improved; Need Watchlist Alerts
Every morning I wake up at 6am, reach over for my iPad and use Yahoo Finance (YF) to do a few trades, and go back to sleep. Made a few thousand $ without ever getting out of bed!
Really like the live real-time price feeds, technical indicators, news feeds and videos, and some of the YF content. Prefer CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox. YF talking heads are getting better, but I really hate the giggly girly nonsense when they obviously are self absorbed look-at-me fluffs. Same goes for the dudes. Deliver relevant business content in a no nonsense concise manner please.
A glaring miss is the ability to set notification Alerts for stocks on my watch lists. Prices high and low, bull bear trends, ratings up and downgrades, dividend events and dates, relevant breaking news are the minimum Alerts I need.
YF is very usable now, so I hope they keep it that way while making improvements. I used to really really hate the previous YF versions and hope those days are finally over.
Yeah! Thanks for the kind words. We have plans to allow custom price alerts, and will also be adding more types of notifications, like the ones you listed there.
Help keep us honest by letting us know if we mess it up along the way. Thanks!
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 117.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.