# Yam Air is a wireless version of Yam Display #
# Please check the system requirements below #
iPad/iPhone as a wireless external monitor for your Mac!
Install app for Mac from: yamdisplay.com (free) and enable air mode by preferences.
Nearby Yam Air will be tuned automatically when Wi-Fi is on.
For devices that support AirDrop, even internet connection is not needed.
Handy for simple tasks like browsing or text editing when you are out in the café or outside.
You can control your Mac with touch gestures and virtual keyboard on retina display.
For multitasking enabled iPads, you can utilize every single pixel of your screen in Split View.
Drag and Drop between iPad and Mac will make the workflow more continuous (Plus feature).
Yam Air, wireless version of Yam Display, will help you improve your productivity.
- Peer-to-peer connection
- Extend Display / Mirror Display
- Energy efficient for static screens
- Retina display
- 30 FPS / 60 FPS (optional)
- Split View (iOS 9 or later)
- Touch Gestures: Click / Zoom / Rotate / Scroll / Drag
- Touch Bar simulation (for any Mac with macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later)
- Bluetooth/Smart keyboard input from iOS device
- Virtual keyboard (launch by 3 fingers tap)
Plus Features (In-App Purchase):
- Drag and Drop between iPad and Mac (iOS 11 or later)
- Macs released after 2012 with macOS 10.10 or later:
* MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or later)
* MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or later)
* MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
* iMac (Late 2012 or later)
* Mac mini (Late 2012 or later)
* Mac Pro (Late 2013)
(※ Other Macs can cause delay)
- All iOS devices with iOS 8.0 or later
(Best for devices that support AirDrop:
* iPad 4G or later
* iPad Mini 1G or later
* iPhone 5 or later
* iPod Touch 5G or later
※ Other devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network or bluetooth pairing)
For any questions or suggestions: email@example.com
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great travel solution
I was wanting an option for using my iPad as a second display while traveling. Having one of the 12” MacBooks I find it a pain to ever connect anything to it via a wire since that means I’m going to have to dig around to try and find an adapter so I decided I would prefer to go with a wireless option. I knew their would be some lag (as there is with any wireless video connection) but was concerned about how distracting it would be. I use it mostly just to have a reference document and do most of my work on my laptop display and found it worked great for my uses. I certainly would not use it for anything like watching videos or gaming. Bottom line... two thumbs up from this guy!!
Does what Duet can't!
I previously purchased Duet but it lacks wireless mirroring abilities. Sometimes I don't have my lightning cable with me or it get unplugged for a second and has to reconnect, so I gave this a try. I was weary it was be super laggy mirroring my display wirelessly or just bad resolution, but I'm happily reporting that it runs just as well as Duet does with a USB connection! I recommend!
UPDATE please: allows users to choose which device makes the sound on wireless mode
I really like the application I bought both the wireless and wired connection. The trial was annoying. It was very inexpensive.
If the wireless application could give users the option of choosing which device (computer or iPad/iPod etc.) produces the sound.
I would give this app 5 stars ⭐️.
- Yamstu Inc.
- 4.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Yamstu Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Drag and Drop Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.