# iPad as a Drawing Tablet for Mac via USB #
# Requires a Mac for Drawing #
Support Apple Pencil pressure and tilt for various Mac apps for drawing.
Control the canvas with touch gestures while mirroring the whole screen.
Fast and simple USB connection will let you focus on your workflow.
Support Wacom stylus for iPads that do not support Apple Pencil.
Try Yam Pad Mini (free) for iPhone.
- Apple Pencil Pressure & Tilt
- Touch Gestures: Zoom/Scroll/Undo (2 fingers)/Redo (3 fingers)
- Fast and secure USB connection
- Mirror full screen with Retina resolution
- Wacom stylus & 3D Touch
- Bluetooth/Smart keyboard input from iPad
- Touch Bar Simulation (for any Mac with macOS 10.12.2+)
Mac Apps compatible:
- Affinity Photo
- Corel Painter
- Toon Boom Harmony
- MediBang Paint
- Clip Studio Paint
- and more... (let us know your favorite)
- Apple Pencil (for iPads that support Apple Pencil)
- Wacom Stylus (for iPads that do not support Apple Pencil)
- iPads with iOS 8.0 or later
- Macs with OS X 10.9 or later (with USB port)
Download app for Mac from: yamdisplay.com/yampad (free)
For any questions or suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Improved Accuracy of Apple Pencil input.
Support more Mac Apps: Clip Studio Paint.
* Please update Yam Pad for macOS to the latest version.
Ratings and Reviews
A nice alternative
Being a hobbyist, it’s hard to find something that works like Astropad studio and duet pro without spending too much money and I am quite happy with this alternative. Maybe you’ll find this to be a bit laggy or something since the other programs are meant to give you good workflow, but if you’re someone who isn’t a professional this is for you. Honestly, it works for me and I like it.
Perfect for Starving Artists, but a little laggy
I believe I paid $4 for this app, which has all the capabilities of any drawing tablet app on the app store, costing a little more than a tenth Duet Display Pro's yearly subscription and a little more than an eighth Astropad's standard feature.
The only problem I have with this app is that it sometimes lags a bit. Fix the slight lag, and you have the best deal on the App Store. I can't get enough of this app.
excellent wacom like tablet but better!
It works like a wacom tablet but better because you can see what you are drawing onto right on the par itself.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.