Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone or iPad has over 50 million reviews on businesses worldwide — all in the palm of your hand. Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play.
• Discover great local businesses.
• Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services.
• Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now.
• Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals.
• Get to know a business through beautiful photos.
• Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses.
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app.
• Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own!
What's New in Version 9.5.0
• Bug fixes and various improvements
Love this app-have a suggestion...
First off, I love this app! I use it all the time especially when we are traveling and need a place to eat. It's always great to be able to consult with the locals or people that have been to the establishment before. I also like the bookmark feature. If I read something or see a show that recommends a certain restaurant, I go right to the yelp app and bookmark the place so next time I'm in that area I will remember to go there. My suggestion is… I wish there was a way to put notes with my bookmarks. If someone recommends a certain dish, I would like to be able to put a note on my yelp app on that establishment without everyone else seeing it. This way, I can specifically order what was so intriguing to me to make a bookmark for that particular restaurant.
My relationship with Yelp used to be so easy back in the early days of my original iPhone... but years later I've accumulated so many places that I'd like to try (mainly discovered through Yelp!) that opening up the all too buried bookmark list is almost too overwhelming to even consider. Yes, it's nice to see sorting by proximity, but all too often (especially living in sprawling cities) I still have to scroll through a massive list just to maybe find the place I was looking for (if I can even remember the name). Please pleas please think about making bookmarks more easily accessible and sortable by the end user - user created lists, more categories, etc. I love that I can find new places, but I want to be able to REfind them when I'm feeling adventurous (instead of taking 15 minutes or giving up!).
The go to app for what's around
You can't always agree with the reviews and sometimes they're so far off... But more often then not the the reviews are pretty detailed and give you a good idea of what to expect at restaurants, shops, service stores, etc. I use the app religiously. I know people who hate yelp - I know people who love yelp. Take it for what it is...a place for people to vent (hypocrites, narcissists, other companies giving their rivals a bad name, and the annoyed yelpers when they have a bad experience) - or a place to elaborate on the greatest time/food/experience of the yelpers life (and most likely for the business owner to post reviews on and get all their friends to do the same). Be honest. Post pics. Share the good, the bad, the ugly... And take each review w a grain of salt. :)
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 9.5.0
- Size: 42.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.