Yelp: Discover Local Favorites
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Yelp has over 135 million reviews of businesses worldwide. Whether you’re looking for a new pizza place to try, a great coffee shop nearby, or need to book a haircut, Yelp is your local guide for finding the perfect place to eat, shop, drink, explore, and relax. The Yelp app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
Food Near You - Find Restaurants
• Find the newest and hottest restaurants in your area
• Make reservations, order delivery or pickup—all from your phone
• Filter restaurant search results by price, location, open now, and more
Search for Nearby Businesses, Services, & Professionals
• Discover great local businesses, from hair salons to trusted doctors and movers
• Read millions of reviews by the Yelp community
• Home need repairs? Find the best rated contractors and handymen
• Find great deals offered by local businesses, get quotes instantly, and book appointments
Beauty - Pamper Yourself
• Find highly-rated salons, spas, massage therapists, and more
• Book appointments through Yelp at the most relaxing staycation destinations
• Filter your search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and hours of operation
• Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app
• Read expert user reviews and browse through beautiful photos of each business
• Write and read reviews, check-in to local businesses, upload photos and add tips for other Yelp users
Find local restaurants, read expert customer reviews, and start searching for businesses near you with Yelp.
Need Help? Contact Yelp at https://www.yelp-support.com/?l=en_US
Note: Continued use of GPS running can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 11.25.0
Big news. You can now use Apple Pay to make purchases from local businesses on Yelp. So go ahead — book an oceanside couples massage, get tickets to that John Mayer concert, or get those lobster rolls delivered.
Yelp is NOT a fair review app. If you are a small business owner and have ten five star reviews and someone who’s dissatisfied decides to give you a bad review or a one star, YElp will take your great reviews away and post the bad one. They’ll hide your good reviews at the bottom in a barely noticeable place and label it (in gray)as more reviews that aren’t useful or something like that. We have a policy that if for whatever reason you’re not satisfied your services are free but occasionally when a dissatisfied customer writes a nasty review that can destroy your reputation. (Usually not a loyal customer but a first timer) YELP hiding some of your reviews (the great ones) is completely unethical. Their is virtually no customer service or way to reach them as another reviewer said. But after some investigating it appears they want you to advertise on their site. If you do then suddenly your positive reviews show up. How slick is that? Also the fact that they rate the reviewer and give them recognition for the more reviews they write is ridiculous. I tried writing a review once and they said I didn’t have enough credibility because it ways my first review! SCAMMERS Do not trust the reviews. It is not an accurate portrayal of a business.
Map search is flawed
Summary: Map search results on iPhone include areas outside of map boundaries.
I have had the Yelp app on several phones over the years and and I’m familiar with the website. I had it on my iPhone 6+ in the past but deleted it to save space about a year ago. Since then I have used the mobile website. I finally got tired of the nag screens telling me to view my search results on the app so I reloaded the app. When I search using map results I get places that are relatively nearby but not on the map. Very irritating to me. If I wanted results from other places I’d move the map or resize it. To Yelp: Stop giving me search results I don’t want or need.
I just remembered another irritating thing about this app. Every time you change the search terms it resets the filters instead of keeping the previous ones.
I thought the services provided were very good: happy hour, free breakfast, and room service was quick although they impose a 22% tip. However, the room was a real disappointment considering I’m a Hilton Honors member and I have repeated stays at this hotel. The room was $230 with tax and that’s fine but here’s what I got: The TV to rent movies was broken. Maintenance tried to fix it twice and couldn’t. The thermostat on the air conditioning was broken, and we couldn’t get the room cooled off. The furniture in the room looked old and dated and not particularly clean. The room was over the parking lot and the garbage bins, and the garbage man woke us up at 3am. Also there is no valet for parking , and if you park in their parking lot you have to pay a $10 fee and walk back to your car to put a card in your windshield. I think they should take greater care to retain their established customers.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 11.25.0
- Size: 184 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Yelp, Inc.
- © Yelp, Inc 2008-2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.