By Neil Harris
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINALLY, create and save up to 5 custom yoga sessions or play our preloaded session.
ALSO play your own background music with your phones iTunes music selection.
Featured on New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Digg.com, MacLife and Fortune Magazine!
*Winner of 2008 iPhoneFootprint Excellence Awards.
Being a focused mind and body workout, Yoga STRETCH consists of traditional yoga poses sequencing with a Vinyasa flow.
Yoga STRETCH is designed to improve strength, balance, posture and flexibility.
Yoga STRETCH is your own personal Yoga instructor walking you through both custom and pre-loaded Sessions with audio commentary, images and music.
Create and Save up to 5 custom Yoga session created by you!
Play a pre-loaded Yoga Session which will give you 60 minutes of pure bliss.
Turn on or off an audio instructor that will tell you when and which Yoga Positions to transition to.
Turn on or off an audio instructor that will tell you detailed information about your current pose, the required steps to put your body in the correct positioning and how to maintain that pose.
Choose between 6 meditative background songs to play during your Yoga Session OR choose your own background music from your iTunes player.
The ability to pause your session.
Skip Poses both forward and backward.
View Yoga Poses:
View each Yoga Pose with a detailed text description of each pose along with its true name, Sanskrit name, Physical and Mental Benefits.
Beautifully designed images that are both mentally and spiritually uplifting.
*Yoga is an art and must be learned. The more you practice at home the better you will be. Do not become frustrated if you cannot perform many of the poses. With practice and a little patience you will gain flexibility, strength and inner peace. Just remember to breath.
To hear the instructors voice: Make sure you have the mute button on the side of the phone set to OFF!
*Touch users: If you can hear background music but the audio commentary will not play go to Settings -> General -> Sounds -> Sound Effects and select "BOTH"
Touch users must use headphones in order to hear commentary.
What's New in Version 4.3
Fixed the bug where the audio jumps to 100 percent after each new pose.
Our apologies to everyone.
Pretty Good, Could Be Better
This looks like the best yoga app available. I'm glad I purchased this one first, because as I peruse the others, I'm not tempted to buy.
My favorite parts of this app:
1) Allows me to develop my own yoga routines.
2) The model is in silhouette (makes it wonderfully race-neutral).
3) I can use my own music (my faves are "The Lama's Chants" and "Splendor of Meditation: Most Relaxing Classical Indian Music").
4) Great selection of poses.
However, these little tweaks would make it perfect:
1) ADD A LUNGE POSE
2) ADD INSTRUCTOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT OF "PLANK" POSE!!! - I always miss this pose because the instructor doesn't announce it like she does the other poses.
3) Get a more mellow-voiced instructor - Someone who sounds like Eckhart Tolle would really set the right tone.
4) Allow independent adjustment of instructor voice and music - So I can make instructor's voice a little louder and music a little softer, or vice versa
5) Allow deletion of any pose in a customized routine - Not just the last one added
6) Separate (R)/(L) versions, or just leave them side-neutral - I like to go from triangle to warrior on the right before shifting to triangle on the left. Y'know?
These would make it perfect. Even make it worth an extra dollar or two.
Worth every cent
I am very grateful for this ap. I love yoga and hate working out in front of people. This ap comes with a preloaded 1 hour yoga "class" and the abillity to create custom ones as well. It goes throught the gamut of the basic yoga poses and is challenging for a beginner. It comes with its own yogi music, or you can use your own. My only qualm is the disparity between the volume of the instructor and my own music when I use it. She speaks so softly and I can't figure out how to turn my music down while in the yoga ap. I may just go back to using the ap's own music, which is well suited anyway. I imagine I'll be downloading the variation of this ap soon. A great way to work out at home.
I consider myself a beginner/intermediate...
1. Great for travel.
2. Has a lot of poses both easy and difficult.
3. Good audio instructions.
4. Good music to pick from or use your own.
1. Creating sessions is hard. You can't move poses around, instead you have to delete them one by one. So if you have a pose near the beginning you want to change, you have to delete every pose after it to get to it. You also can't change the length of the poses.
2. Some of the poses are very long. It would be nice to have the ability to choose shorter poses.
3. Pictures can be difficult to see, takes time to learn the poses.
Great app for the price and have it in your pocket!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 25, 2009
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neil Harris
- © neilDot
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.