Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy or share, for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts almost anything you can drag on your iPad, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents.
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- iCloud Sync
Synchronize Yoink's items across your devices using iCloud
Transfer files between iPhones, iPads and Macs (separate Mac Yoink app required) using Handoff
- Action/Share Extension
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Today Widget
Access Yoink's items and save the contents from your clipboard in Yoink from Notification Center
- Shortcuts / Siri Suggestions
Yoink offers you Siri Shortcuts and Suggestions so you can automate processes, like adding items from the clipboard to Yoink, or copying items from Yoink, as well as starting downloads in Yoink.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
Improvements in Yoink v2.0.1:
- When sharing a URL (say, from Safari) to Yoink with its Share extension, it no longer asks whether to download or not if it's an HTML website
- iCloud sync reliability improvements
- Easier access to Yoink's preferences, dark/light mode and iCloud reset - long-press onto Yoink in the navigation bar
- 3D-touching a URL to preview it now includes a "Delete" quick action
- Better support for iWork files, dragging to and from Files.app and others
- Performance improvements when loading icons
- Improved support for files with unknown file types
- Support for new iPads' screens
Bugfixes in Yoink v2.0.1
- Fixes a bug on iPad, where sometimes copied items would be added twice
- Fixes the appearance of the sync icon in extensions when there's actually no sync happening
- Handoff of items between synced devices has been improved (thank you, David, for your help on this)
- Fixes a rare bug where sometimes icons wouldn't load
- Fixes a bug where internet connectivity issues weren't handled correctly during iCloud operations
- Fixes an issue where extensions would hang in limbo if sync was running with no internet connectivity
- Fixes the keyboard's "Switch keyboard" and "Devices" buttons' positions
- The keyboard's 'shift' key now matches the system keyboard's
- The "addstring" URL scheme no longer ignores the title passed to it
- Adding to Yoink's File Provider on the first level now works again
- A sync bug when moving an item from one Stack to another
- A sync bug where a complete wipe of iCloud would not be correctly reflected on another device where Yoink was running at the same time and re-synced
- A bug where, when starting a drag, items would move around weirdly
- Deleting all items from a not-owning device wasn't correctly reflected on the owning device after a sync
- A bug where an initial sync wouldn't work correctly
- A sync-bug that occurred after wiping an already wiped Yoink-iCloud-container
- A bug where successful downloads would suddenly revert to "Loading failed"
- A crash that could occur when using Yoink's action extension
- A UI issue when creating previews for URLs
- A crash when dragging objects directly into a stack
- A rare crash when dropping objects into Yoink
- A crash in Yoink's Siri Shortcuts (copying from Yoink)
- A crash in Yoink's Today Widget when tapping an empty row
If you enjoy Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly,
Ratings and Reviews
iCloud sync? Finally. A great “shelf” for any device
I have used this on my Mac for years. I great place to put things I will need later. It works that way on my iPhone and iPad and that is fine. I have always wanted syncing, however. With version 2.0 iCloud syncing is supposed to be a reality, at lease between IOS devices (mac coming soon). Anyway, it seems iCloud sync allows you to “see” and even “open” things on other devices. I have not been able to save items from other devices, although handoff does that. Handoff between devices and between devices and a Mac works great.
So this is not really a “sync” it just allows a window into other devices that are open and that have something in them. If a devices Yoink is empty it will not appear on the sync list.
Useful information from the developer (NOT ME)
- From Yoink (iOS) to Yoink (Mac)
Launch Yoink on your iOS device. Either make a selection of the files you’d like to transfer or don’t select any files.
On the Mac, in the Dock, next to the Finder icon, you should see Yoink’s icon with a little iOS device on top of it. Click it.
Now the Handoff process will start
- From Yoink (Mac) to Yoink (iOS)
Select the files you’d like to transfer in Yoink on Mac
If your iOS device is an iPad, on the right side of your Dock, Yoink’s icon should appear with a little Mac icon on top of it. Tap it and the Handoff process will start.
If your iOS device is an iPhone X, swipe up from the very bottom to show the app switcher. There’s a black bar at the bottom saying something like “Yoink - from <Name of Mac>” - tap it.
If your iOS device is an iPhone with a home button, click the home button twice to show the app switcher. There’s a black bar at the bottom saying something like “Yoink - from <Name of Mac>” - tap it.
Please let me know if that worked for you.
Update: still using Yoink on my iPhone, iPad Pro and iMac almost daily. Still an indispensable part of my workflow! Two things i’m wishing for in the future are iCloud sync and GIFv support so i can see the previews in Yoink.
Original review: I’ve been using Yoink on my Mac for what seems like forever. It’s an essential part of my workflow and I’m really excited to have it on my iPad Pro now! Using it as a slide-over app to drag and drop items to and from is almost exactly like the desktop experience and it’s invaluable for making me more productive on my iPad. One step closer to replacing a laptop!
EDIT: Thank you for your response, Matt! I’m looking forward to your future updates ☺️
Developer Response ,
thank you for your feedback on Yoink for iOS!
I'll definitely be refining the app and making it easier to share / copy / delete items is on top of my list ;)
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 13.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017-2018 Eternal Storms Software, Matthias Gansrigler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.