YouTube Music is a new music app that allows you to easily find what you’re looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what’s trending around you.
A new music streaming service from YouTube
● This is a completely reimagined music service with official releases from your favorite artists.
Find the music you want
● Easily find the albums, singles, live performances, covers and remixes you’re looking for.
● Don’t know a song’s name? Just search the lyrics or describe it.
Discover new music
● Get music recommendations based on taste, location, and time of day.
● Use “The Hotlist” to keep up with what’s trending.
Uninterrupted listening with Music Premium
● Listen ad-free
● Don’t worry about your music stopping when you lock your screen or use other apps.
● Download your favorites or let us do it for you by enabling Offline Mixtape.
Get 1 free month of Music Premium to listen ad-free, offline, and with your screen locked. Existing YouTube Red or Google Play Music members and users of either service who have already received a 30 day trial are not eligible. Monthly charges auto-renew for Music Premium membership outside of trial periods.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $12.99 USD / $12.99 CAD / $15.99 AUD / $16.99 NZD / £12.99 / €12.99 / $129 pesos MXN / $9.89 USD (KR only) / 129 kr NOK / 129 kr SEK / 229 ₽
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
We update our app all the time in order to make your YouTube Music experience better. We polished a few things, fixed bugs, and made some performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
change it back!
Been LOVING this app for a long time until the latest update. i don't understand the logic of the new format at all! Before you could see dozens of songs on the home screen, lots of categories to explore-- artists, genres, recently played, etc., four or more playlists in each section and you could clearly see which song it was going to start on. Now there are weird new categories that don't show actual songs in the thumbnails, and the thumbnails are so huge you can only see two items in each category without scrolling sideways and and you can only see two categories at a time without scrolling down. it's so clunky and clogged up it's impossible to just glance through and find a song that looks good. it has become a far less enjoyable experience, basically if you want to listen to a specific song now you can forget about easily finding it on your home screen. you're just going to have to search it which kind of defeats the whole point in my opinion. and looking for new stuff has just become a crap shoot. if you're thinking about getting this app i'd wait a while for the next update, cause right now it kind of blows.
Better UI before recent updates
Let me start by saying two things.
1) I've been a YT Red subscriber for so many months that I've lost count. A lot of what people are complaining about on here can be summed up as "I want the features of the paid service without having to pay for it." I'll just leave that as is.
2) Before this recent issue I was greatly enjoying the service and would say it was a 5 ⭐️ app. This one issue, though, has literally changed the way I am able to use the app.
My issue is a UI issue.
As long as I've been a subscriber (until recently) the controls on the app worked in a specific way. You click a song, the song pops up and starts playing, the playlist is generated, and the controls (play, pause, forward, back, like, dislike etc.) were always at the bottom of the screen. It didn't matter if you had made the single song's album/video as the whole screen, or if you had the playlist up. Now, though, if you have the playlist up you lose all controls. It's just aggravating more than anything. Click song, song pops up in full screen with controls, click on list and lose controls, and then you have to click on the song (or up arrow) in order to get your controls back. I can't understand the logic of forcing that extra step every single time you just want to see your playlist.
Maybe it's just me and everyone that I know that hates this change, but I find that hard to believe.
Good! Suggestion (Please)
I love the app and I don't know if there's a way to change this certain thing and I haven't noticed because I overlooked it, but I have one suggestion
When I add a song to a playlist it doesn't add it to the top but adds it to the bottom and I was wondering if you could change that so I don't have to scroll all the way down to see if I actually added the song? Maybe you could make it so that there's more options on editing a playlist instead of just being able to move the songs around and deleting them because it's such a bore when I have to do it again and again. It helps when I see the new song I put on the playlist is on the 'cover' for it to know I actually put it in the right one.
All in all I do love the app, that's my only request. Keep doing what you do (which is great stuff) and thanks for reading my suggestion, have a nice day •-•
- Google, Inc.
- 177.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Music $12.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.