By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
See what the world is watching in music, gaming, entertainment, news and more. Explore the hottest videos on YouTube with the new trending tab. Subscribe to channels, share with friends, edit and upload videos, and watch on any device.
With a new design, you can now have fun exploring videos you love more easily and quickly than before. Just tap an icon or swipe to switch between recommended videos, the trending tab, your subscriptions, and your account.
You can also subscribe to your favorite channels, create playlists, edit and upload videos, check out what’s trending, express yourself with comments or shares, cast a video to your TV, and more – all from inside the app.
With the official YouTube app you can enjoy your favorite videos, creators, and music for free.
FIND VIDEOS YOU LOVE FAST
- Browse personal recommendations on the home tab
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
- Discover the world’s hottest videos on the trending tab
- Look up videos you’ve watched and your like history on the account tab
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Edit, add filters, add music, and upload your own videos all inside the app
What's New in Version 11.35
3D Touch support: Force press on the YouTube icon to reveal quick actions for logged-in users
So much gone wrong
1. (Dangerous comments) the comment section is now automatically opened up and not only causes a few more seconds to load, but the second I clicked on an animation, I see a scam bot as top comment, this makes accidentally clicking on these potential viruses more possible. You should try to add an "are you sure" box, in case someone clicks on a dangerous link by accident.
2. #WTFU A YouTuber named lockstin/gnoggin got a copyright strike on a video by an anime publisher named Shopro, despite his video having NOTHING to do with any anime, no clips, screen shots, nothing! Fix your copyright system and take these anus-wipes to court (or give them a systematic penalty or punishment).
3. (Hypocrites) While the whole demonetization thing isn't really the biggest issue (that goes to copyright) I still find it odd that you don't give ad revenue to videos with violence or cussing...but the advertisers are allowed to show (without viewer consent or discretion) unskippable 30-second long ads for things like Blair Witch and Don't Breathe. I don't mind the whole policy change, but try to at least uphold these rules and refrain from solving everything with inconsistent and flawed bots.
4. Locked in: When I attempt to zoom out of a video after turning on my iPad, the video clips back into fullscreen and I can't get out of the video without restarting my iPad, please fix these issues asap.
DO NOT UPDATE!!
The worst version of the app so far. You cannot do anything while you are on time app because they decided to try to fix something that was not broken and it messed up everything. The comment section is horrible and now automatically loads when the video is open instead of giving the user the option of whether they want to load the comments or not. This causes the load time of the video to go up so that means we have to wait instead of being able to watch the video straight away. The whole menu is buggy and slow and does not respond to what you want to do. When you have a channel selected and you select another one it cancels the selection out and goes to the list of new videos from all channels that you are subscribed to. In addition to that, when you do end up selecting a channel, many times it still shows the channel picture and stats for the previous channel. There is a lot of work that has to be done to get this back to a usable app. If you can avoid updating I would because if you do you will be left with a worthless app that just takes up space. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Are you guys high over there?
The new comments setup is absolutely horrible! I dislike opening up a new page for the comments, plus now I can't reply to a single person. Sometimes to see all the comments I have to close the video drop down box in the bottom corner then when I hit the back button the video is gone! It's hard to tell where the comments start and end. Now when I get a notification for a comment in my email, upon clicking on it doesn't take me to that specific comment only to the video then I have to look for the comment (which is really difficult to find because they are no longer in order.) It would also be nice if I click a notification in my email to a comment left on a video/or comment when the app opens to not start playing the video automaticity and let me start it if I want to watch it again. and... Still no back button, which people have been asking for years now! I do like the "dislike" button!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 11.35
- Size: 97.8 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red$12.99