New Yr on iPhone and iPad is different from anything else you’ve seen in weather forecasting: Scroll through a beautiful and animated sky to see how the weather changes hourly, and get all the need-to-know details at the same time.
The weather visualization makes it a fun experience to check the weather – even when it’s raining!
Forecasts are delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute.
NEW APP FEATURES:
• Weather conditions in a visualized 48-hour forecast, with animated clouds, rain, snow and fog + details about wind, temperature and severe weather warnings.
• Long term forecast in table – hour by hour the first three days.
• Graph with more details on weather, temperature, wind and pressure.
• Live 90-minute precipitation forecast – our most accurate and updated rain forecast (only in Norway).
• Weather summary text.
• Choose the look of your widget
• Easy navigation between sky view, table and graph.
• Weather from 10 million places around the world with option to save your favorite places.
ABOUT US: Yr is a weather service jointly produced by NRK and the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Our primary goals are to secure life and property, while delivering useful and accurate weather forecasts to our users, preparing them for all kinds of weather. This year we are celebrating our ten-year anniversary, and with millions of users every day we are proud of being one of the most popular weather services in the world.
- Fixed extreme weather warning that was incorrectly shown for all extreme warnings.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic weather app
This app is the best weather app I have encountered to date. I love the Sky animation showing not only the cloud coverage but also the moon phase, moon rise, transit and setting time. This app is also the only free weather app that doesn’t sell your location information to advertising agencies. Fantastic weather app all around
app keeps crashing no matter what
i have tested this app on both iphone 5s and iphone 7 and on both of those devices it crashes. my suspicion is it is connected to location settings. as soon as location is turned off, when opening the app, it stays in the initial opening loop and then crashes. also, apps like this one shouldn't be dependent on location settings. all that location settings drama is so silly. everyone knows where they are, but everyone is also too lazy to just type the city they're in and that's it! location settings are also in so many cases abused and misused, so that needs to be taken in consideration.
also, make feedback section in your app so those "reviews" could get there!
it won't keep my edits for "My places"
This version has broken the list of locations under "My places". It used to work.
There is a little pencil to indicate editing the list, and you can hold and drag to change the order of the places in the list. But it doesn't keep the order. It looks like it is always reverting to alphabetical order. As a result, it will not ever start with my preferred location. It always shows a different location.
For example, if I add "St. Louis (Missouri)" and "Albuquerque" to "My places", then it always starts with Albuquerque, and reverts to Albuquerque, even if I go back to the list and click on St. Louis.
This makes it completely inconvenient. Otherwise, I really like it.
- Norsk Rikskringkasting As
- 145.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007-2018 NRK
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.