Collect your favorite recipes from the web and elsewhere with Zest! Browse, organize and search your recipes and photos via a beautiful interface. When you're inspired to cook, Zest will help you shop then guide you step-by-step.
• Automatically import recipes from thousands of recipe websites.
• Add your own recipes from other sources.
• Add your own stunning food photos to your recipes.
• A clean and beautiful interface showcases recipe photos.
• Store recipes online in Zest Cloud and sync them to other devices.
• Create shopping lists for one or more recipes, also synced via Zest Cloud.
• Share entire recipes with anyone via email.
• Import recipes shared with you by other Zest users.
• Invite your friends to install Zest so you can swap recipes with them.
• Organize your recipes by applying tags.
• Search for recipes by name, tags or ingredients.
• Dedicated cooking mode made for viewing recipes in the kitchen.
• Cooking timers that are easy to set from recipe times.
• Work through recipes step-by-step or sentence-by-sentence.
• Check off ingredients as you use them.
• Edit recipes to make them your own.
• Add your own notes to recipes.
• Zest comes preloaded with exciting recipes that inspire you to cook!
• Custom tools to help import recipes from non-standard websites.
This release fixes importing from sites using JSON-LD metadata, including but not limited to (some with extra fixes):
Thanks for the patience of users waiting on these fixes!
Ratings and Reviews
Best I've found...
Wow, functionally this is literally the best recipe manager I've found. Love the easy ability to enter in recipe details. The Cook feature is extremely awesome. And cool Timer feature also.
I think it could look better visually. The font is old and cheap looking. Don't care for the color scheme. But this is all purely a cosmetic opinion. The UI is great.
(*in orientation mode) I LOVE being able to add a photo of the dish, but it takes up more space on the screen than it honestly needs to. It'd be better if the screen space was more dedicated to the recipe info. But it's not a big deal to scroll a bit. I love having the image, and in portrait mode the layout looks great.
The biggest issue I have is that there isn't an add button on the main screen. You have to tap the menu bar and tap 'Add Manually' to enter your recipe. A simple plus sign button would be more intuitive.
But...that's the biggest issue, so the developers are doing pretty good.
It'd also be great to have a drag and drop capability after adding a recipe in the event I need to reorganize the order of the ingredients or the instructions.
So, yea, best app I've found for this.
*Note: My previous reviews claimed the app didn't have certain features that it did and it was absolute oversight on my part. Apologies! Great app.
Great app, but useless paid cloud storage
I use this app almost every day and absolutely love it. I love it so much that I paid to use its cloud storage. I wanted to (1) make sure I wouldn’t lose my recipes, and (2) be able to share recipes between my phone and iPad (very convenient when food shopping). Unfortunately, after automatically syncing a few times, it just stopped working. Not only will it not automatically sync to cloud storage, I also can’t make it sync manually. When I click the “sync” button, nothing happens. So, I’ve paid for a feature that doesn’t work, and I can find no way to contact Zest to get it fixed.
No iCloud back up😩
Love the app!!! BUT--- While free is great, I would have rather paid for it to have iCloud storage. Sadly, I cannot keep it without the iCloud backup because I do not want to pay for additional cloud storage. Since apple products offer iCloud, seems to me, you should charge for your cloud service if the user does not have a backup option. For this reason... I gave 3 stars and will delete the app. 😭😭😭
"Can I sync my recipes using my iCloud account?
No. We chose not to use iCloud for recipe storage as it is an Apple-only service. As we plan to support non-Apple devices in future, iCloud did not fit our requirements."
- Plenty Of Zest Pty. Ltd.
- 22.2 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Plenty Of Zest Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Optional 1 year Zest Cloud Main Plan subscription $9.99
- Optional 1 year Zest Cloud Banquet Plan subscription $19.99
- Optional 1 year Zest Cloud Appetizer Plan subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.