Von William and Dad Software
Öffne iTunes, um Apps zu kaufen und zu laden.
** iOS7 issues with custom word lists have been corrected in this version **
ABCOrder is an application designed to help kids practice putting words into alphabetical order.
I found my 2nd grade son was having trouble each week putting his spelling words into alphabetical order. It was pointless to sit down and work with him on paper - he'd just get frustrated having to write words, erase words, write more words, etc., only to find he was almost done, but forgot one in the middle of the list.
He's a big computer/video game fan, so I put together this application to allow him to sort words with a simple drag and drop interface. It gives immediate feedback as to which words are in the correct order, and highlights the first word that is out of order. You can try as many times as necessary to get the words in the correct order.
The application features the following:
1. Over 2,000 built in words.
2. Ability to maintain up to 10 custom lists - you can input your child's spelling list for the week and let them practice with their own words.
3. Categories such as 1st through 4th grade, focus on given letters, and themes (holidays, vehicles, sports, etc.)
4. Randomly generated lists - the ability to have the system randomly generate a list from all of the built-in words. This keeps the application fresh, as you can have different words every time you try it. You can control the number of words to display in the random list.
The application has a simple interface and gets right to the point. As I always tell my friends, it doesn't fart, and you can't use it as a flashlight, but with any luck it will help your child do better with their ABC order!
ADDING YOUR OWN WORDS
I noticed a review where the user was unable to find the option to add their own words. To add your own words, choose Custom Word Lists from the main menu. You have 10 lists that you can fill out (no limit on the number of words in each list). Pick the list to edit, then use the options to add/remove words from the list. This is my son's favorite option - he adds lists with his favorite video game characters and alphabetizes them.
You have options in the Settings menu to control the case of words, and can also enable a timer to tell you how long each quiz took to complete.
New in 1.0.2: You now have an option under Settings that allows you to display the alphabet (in upper and lower case) at the bottom of the screen during a quiz. This is designed to help younger users as they learn the alphabet. By default, this option is OFF.
Neue Funktionen von Version 1.0.5
Fixes issues where words could not be added to custom word lists when using iOS7.
- 2,29 €
- Kategorie: Bildung
- Aktualisiert: 12.11.2013
- Version: 1.0.5
- Größe: 2.0 MB
- Sprache: Englisch
- Entwickler: Matthew Fardig
- © 2011-2013 Matthew Fardig
Kompatibilität: Erfordert iOS 4.3 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.