awake. head throbbing. vision blurry. come light the fire.
- One of Apple's most downloaded apps of 2014.
- Ranked in the top 10 games in 70 countries, #1 app overall in 7.
- From an indie game developer who loves gaming.
- No ads, no loot boxes, no IAP, no crippled game play.
- Continuity updates between A Dark Room and The Ensign.
- iPhone X support.
- Come say hello to an old friend... she's waiting for you.
Ratings and Reviews
About a year ago I stumbled across this app, it interested me as I haven’t seen anything like it before, and once I started playing it I was hooked. I finished the game in around 220 mins, I tried the no hut challenge but I’m pretty sure I didn’t get around to finish it due to school work (got the space ship, but didn’t have enough time to finish it). for a while, I forgot about it. Until a few days ago, when I started playing it again, I finally completed it again today (140 mins), I could’ve done better if I realised you could take multiple weapons at once. I’m hoping to finish the no hut challenge in a few days. So to summarise it, I absolutely love this game, the emotions, characters, storyline, combat. I have never once wrote a review for a game this long, but this is and would forever be my favourite mobile game.
Return to Zork
This is like some really old text based games that friends used to get into while I pursued more visual games. I never got the charm because at the time they were such a dated concept. In this day and age the play style of the game and lack of visuals is welcome because it's about strategy more than reflexes. Reminds me of Dope Wars or other interested and extremely playable games.
The emotional attachment you have with this is enough that I've deleted the game on almost every sniper kill, only to reinstall just to find out what comes next. It's a serious love hate relationship that develops rather quickly.
Only thing I would change is to force the player to read things when travelling as it’s easy to click through and ignore the hidden meanings
The first time I tried to play this game, I unfairly dismissed it in frustration and didn't take the time to enjoy every aspect of it. As it turns out, this was anticipated by the developers which I found out only after coming back to the game, restarting and finishing it. The minimalistic approach to gameplay is easy to conflate with a lack of depth, but only if you do as I did and give it no chance to engage you.
The gameplay is simplistic, yet varies (and for the better) as the game progresses, another thing which will simply go unknown if you give up without even trying.
A brilliant experience with shockingly deep levels of atmosphere, narrative, and development bundled into a minimalist display.
You are not being scammed.
- Amirali Rajan
- 27.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Amir Rajan
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.