This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Back to School AACessAbility Sale: For a limited time save a huge 50% on the regular price of AACorn. Get the top user rated assistive communication solution for non-verbal and speech delayed children for less than half the cost of traditional last-generation grid-based options.
AACorn is the only speech generating (AAC) app to go beyond 'buttons that speak' by also focusing on language learning and comprehension, and is featured in Apple's "Accessibility" AND "Special Education" Collections of recommended iPad Apps.
AACorn delivers a number of world-firsts for children with non-verbal Autism, Apraxia, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, MS, developmental delays or difficulty learning language. It replaces the outdated grid of folders layout used by last/current generation AAC apps and devices (where far too often children can’t find the words they need), and introduces a break-through design that is much easier to use and often leads to surprising outcomes!
Through an innovative visual interface we call the Word Tree™ your child makes a word choice and branching pathways with smart suggestions for the next word in a sentence present themselves! By focusing on the relationships and connections between words we are modelling language skills while reducing the need for ‘hunting and pecking’ for hidden single words.
aacorn offers a unique language learning system that provides opportunities to increase your child’s use of new and novel vocabulary! Here is just some of the feedback from leading independent speech experts:
• "aacorn signals a revolution in the way we provide AAC support to children.. The first to really capitalize on the strengths of the iPad" - Professor Sue Fletcher-Watson (University of Edinburgh).
• "BridgingApps highly recommends Aacorn AAC app and think this app has great potential for kids needing help with making sentences as well as communicating basic words" - Bridging Apps (Easter Seals)
• "LOVE the word tree! If I needed an AAC this is the kind of interface I would want!" - Dr Robin Parker (PraacticalAAC)
• "My son achieved more in 1 week with aacorn than he did in 2yrs with PECS and Go Talk Now" - SaraB (USA)
aacorn bridges the huge gap between low tech communication boards (PECS) and complex AAC apps designed for adults. It can often be much more engaging for children, but is also incredibly powerful, making communication more accessible to all children, including those who are wrongly deemed too young or 'not ready' because they cannot yet type or spell, or who find the older grid-based systems so frustrating.
Some of the features built into aacorn:
• Unique Word Tree™ Interface - teaches language and comprehension!
• REAL Recorded Children’s Voices (US,UK,Aus)
• CORE Vocabulary
• Unique Word Prediction - learns what YOUR child wants to say!
• Built-In Interactive Lessons
• Powerful Word Creation and Editing Tools
• Favorites and History
• Word Search
• Take/Import Photos with the iPad's Camera or from the web.
• Child-Friendly Hi-Contrast Graphics, buttons sizes and layout
• 24/7 LiveChat User Support
• Free Updates
And NEW in AACORN version2, we've added the option to upgrade your copy of aacorn at any time to include the powerful features of 'AACORN Plus' for advanced users, including...
• SymbolStix Word Pictures (third party library widely used by schools and SLP's).
• 7000+ Words organized in Categories
• Text to Speech Voices (with the ability to adjust the accent, pitch, speed)
AACORN AAC - 'Beyond Words'.
Visit us at www.aacornapp.com or on Facebook, and email us with any questions.
What's New in Version 2.0
Version 2.0 - A Major New Release improving and enhancing almost every aspect of aacorn. Featuring a completely new prediction engine and user interface AND some very exciting optional upgrades.
- FREE Update to Word Tree Prediction 2.0. Making aacorn even better at learning what your child wants to say! Re-use previously created word pairings to make an almost limitless range of sentences without the need to search.
- Brand New 'slim' user interface
- Improved Performance and Reliability
- General Bug Fixes
NEW "AACORN Store" featuring Optional Upgrades that ensure aacorn can grow with your child.
All currently 20% off for existing customers during the launch week!
A- Emerging User: Add Custom Sub-Categories
B- Frequent User: NEW Text to Speech Voices, and Sub-Categories
C- Advanced User: 7000+ New Words, SymbolsStix word pictures, Text to Speech Voices and Sub-Categories.
*Upgrade via In-App Purchase OR Purchase the new all-in-one 'AACORN Plus' app for advanced Users, schools and speech & language professionals.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 April 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 442 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: aacorn LLC
- © aacorn
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 'AACORN Plus' Advanced User (20% Off)$159.99