By Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss a moment of your favourite TV. ABC iview is simple, ad-free and free to use. Download the app now to watch ABC TV and exclusive iview programs on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, on demand, over wifi or 3G/4G.
Catch up on prime-time drama and trusted news and current affairs. Delve into a huge selection of popular children's programs. Discover must-see iview Exclusives and watch when it suits you.
Most programs are available for 14 days and new programs are added every day.
ABC iview on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch offers the following features:
* Instant and unlimited access to your favourite ABC TV programs.
* Live Streaming: Watch your favourite ABC channels live
* Search: By program name, or browse programs by channel, category, popular, latest or last night
* Recommendations: Browse curated collections, similar programs and more episodes of favourite shows
* AirPlay support: Watch iview on your TV by using the app with an Apple TV, and while using other apps
* Google Cast enabled: Watch iview on your TV by casting to a Google Chromecast device
* Watchlist: Add a series to the Watchlist and the app will notify you when a new episode becomes available
* Recently Viewed: Quickly find a program which you have watched in part or in full
* Parental Filter: Set iview to display only programs which are suitable for children
* Syncing: Turn on iCloud to sync the Watchlist on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Start watching a program on one device and resume watching on another device at the point where you left off
* Share: Use Facebook, Twitter or email to share your favourite programs with friends
* Closed Captions: Set iview to display closed captions, available on a large amount of programs
* Adaptive video quality: Programs automatically adjust to available bandwidth and network conditions
This app is designed for devices running iOS 7 and above. Watching iview on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP. Due to rights restrictions, ABC iview is geo-blocked to Australia. Follow iview on Facebook www.facebook.com/ABCiView and Twitter @ABCiview for the latest programs, chat and updates.
Important: Data Consumption
Please note: you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.
The amount you are charged for watching video over mobile data (3G, 4G) depends on several things:
* How much data your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost (your quota)
* How much data you've already downloaded in that month, and how much of your quota remains
* How much your mobile phone company charges you when you download more than your monthly quota
If you have a small monthly quota, or have used almost all of your monthly quota, watching video over a mobile data (3G, 4G) connection could be expensive. For more information about data consumption in relation to streaming video, please visit the iview FAQs or the Help & Feedback section within the app.
Do check your quota with your mobile phone company, and monitor your usage. Your mobile phone company may be able to send you alerts when you reach the limit of your monthly quota. To disable 3G/4G in your device, visit Settings > Mobile, and turn 'Mobile Data' to Off.
What's New in Version 3.12
- Cosmetic updates for the launch of the new channel, ABC ME
- Updates to Parental Filter logic to ensure content is correctly filtered with new channel
5 for function, 3 for content access
At last the app is stable and watchlist is reliable and does not forget. Thanks for that.
With the latest version of notifications I hope that I won't miss the beginning of any more new series. There is no way will I buy the first few episodes when I discover a show in the middle of a season. I'll wait for it to turn up at my video shop or the local library.
A product that is offered free of charge initially should not have a fee attached after it sits on the shelf for a time. If 24/7 online storage is a problem, why not allow individual viewers to request retrieval from offline archive storage? This is how enterprise file management works!
Does not offer the luxury of a good binge view
Much as I'd like to declare this app the perfect adaptation of free to air TV that competes effectively with its view on demand competitors, the ABC has failed to deliver complete series, and so is not even in the race. The viewer remains limited by the ABC program schedule. All the ABC needs to do is upgrade their broadcasting permissions to allow view on demand of their series all at once. As is, it is an audience limiting, cost cutting strategy that will result in further decline in audience size. The app has the potential to increase audience reach. Missed opportunity.
More doctor who
I like the app but I have problem and problem after series has finished the of that season should be accessible without payment for those who are bit unfortunate and always be able view the persons favourite seasons or episodes cause I'm sick of never knowing when doctor who is on he is my favourite show in the entire universe
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 19 September 2016
- Version: 3.12
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © ABC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes