By Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss a moment of your favourite TV. ABC iview is simple, ad-free and free to use. Download the app now to watch ABC TV and exclusive iview programs on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, on demand, over wifi or 3G/4G.
Catch up on prime-time drama and trusted news and current affairs. Delve into a huge selection of popular children's programs. Discover must-see iview Exclusives and watch when it suits you.
Most programs are available for 30 days and new programs are added every day.
ABC iview on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch offers the following features:
* Instant and unlimited access to your favourite ABC TV programs.
* Live Streaming: Watch your favourite ABC channels live
* Search: By program name, or browse programs by channel, category, popular, latest or last night
* Recommendations: Browse curated collections, similar programs and more episodes of favourite shows
* AirPlay support: Watch iview on your TV by using the app with an Apple TV, and while using other apps
* Google Cast enabled: Watch iview on your TV by casting to a Google Chromecast device
* Watchlist: Add a series to the Watchlist and the app will notify you when a new episode becomes available
* Recently Viewed: Quickly find a program which you have watched in part or in full
* Parental Filter: Set iview to display only programs which are suitable for children
* Syncing: Turn on iCloud to sync the Watchlist on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Start watching a program on one device and resume watching on another device at the point where you left off
* Share: Use Facebook, Twitter or email to share your favourite programs with friends
* Closed Captions: Set iview to display closed captions, available on a large amount of programs
* Adaptive video quality: Programs automatically adjust to available bandwidth and network conditions
This app is designed for devices running iOS 7 and above. Watching iview on any Apple device is metered regardless of your ISP. Due to rights restrictions, ABC iview is geo-blocked to Australia. Follow iview on Facebook www.facebook.com/ABCiView and Twitter @ABCiview for the latest programs, chat and updates.
Important: Data Consumption
Please note: you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.
The amount you are charged for watching video over mobile data (3G, 4G) depends on several things:
* How much data your mobile phone company allows you to download each month at no extra cost (your quota)
* How much data you've already downloaded in that month, and how much of your quota remains
* How much your mobile phone company charges you when you download more than your monthly quota
If you have a small monthly quota, or have used almost all of your monthly quota, watching video over a mobile data (3G, 4G) connection could be expensive. For more information about data consumption in relation to streaming video, please visit the iview FAQs or the Help & Feedback section within the app.
Do check your quota with your mobile phone company, and monitor your usage. Your mobile phone company may be able to send you alerts when you reach the limit of your monthly quota. To disable 3G/4G in your device, visit Settings > Mobile, and turn 'Mobile Data' to Off.
What's New in Version 3.17
We're excited to release this major update to ABC iview which includes a range of new improvements, including...
* Higher quality video streaming — this improves video quality to roughly SD resolution on all devices. To disable higher quality video open Settings under the "More" section in the main navigation menu. Please Note: not all older programs have been updated to higher quality video, but we are reprocessing the iview catalog and all programs will be higher quality by mid September.
* Autoplay next episode — when a program finishes, if the next episode in the series is available to watch iview will automatically launch and play the next episode.
This update also includes a range of bug fixes, most notably a fix for the issue reported by some iPad users where iview would "freeze" and become unresponsive to touch after the device had been locked.
Please Note: we are investigating issues with Picture in Picture for some iPad users and will release an update to fix that ASAP
Can't live without it!
The best Ap ever. Keeps you up to date with ABC programs that you can watch any time.
I would like to see the volume control slider back on the screen.
I preferred the previous version of the Ap that was easier to read and navigate.
Best app : Trev
This would have to be one of the best apps for watching shows. It's just a pleasure to watch. The layout of the app has been well though out. For me it streams flawlessly and the quality is brilliant even if it's in SD. Thank you.
Great way to keep up with favourite shows
This app works beautifully and is well conceived.
Help to keep me up to date on a recent overseas trip.
Keep up the good work
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 08 August 2017
- Version: 3.17
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes