ABC listen lets you:
• Take the radio with you - listen to live ABC radio wherever you are
• Discover podcasts – download ABC programs to listen when it suits you
• Hear the latest News bulletin with one tap
• Use the sleep function to listen at the end of the day
Download ABC listen today for free and hear the world differently.
LIVE RADIO LISTENING
• ABC metro Local Radio stations: ABC Radio Adelaide, ABC Radio Brisbane, ABC Radio Canberra, ABC Radio Darwin, ABC Radio Hobart, ABC Radio Melbourne, ABC Radio Perth, ABC Radio Sydney
• ABC regional Local Radio stations: ABC Far North, ABC North West Queensland, ABC Western Queensland, ABC Southern Queensland, ABC Western Plains, ABC Goulburn Murray, ABC Gippsland, ABC Northern Tasmania, ABC North and Western South Australia, ABC Alice Springs, ABC Kimberley, ABC North West WA, ABC Goldfields, ABC South West WA, ABC Gold Coast, ABC Newcastle, ABC Ballarat, ABC Central Vic, ABC South West Vic, ABC Western Vic, ABC Mildura - Swan Hill, ABC Broken Hill, ABC Mid North Coast, ABC Capricornia, ABC Central West, ABC Coffs Coast, ABC Esperance, ABC Eyre, ABC Great Southern, ABC Illawarra, ABC New England, ABC North Coast, ABC North Qld, ABC North West WA, ABC Riverland, ABC Shepparton, ABC South East NSW, ABC South East SA, ABC Tropic, ABC Riverina, ABC Wide Bay, ABC Sunshine Coast
• National networks: ABC RN, ABC Classic FM, ABC Classic 2, ABC KIDS listen, Double J, triple j, triple j Unearthed, ABC NEWS on radio, ABC Grandstand, ABC Jazz, ABC Country, ABC Radio Australia and ABC Radio Australia Multi-language
These are all the ABC Radio stations that currently have live radio streams for online and mobile.
ON-DEMAND PROGRAMS (PODCASTS)
• All current and previous episodes of podcasts from over 130 ABC programs
• Hear early release episodes and content exclusive to ABC listen
• News bulletins updated hourly
The app streams HLS over AAC+ at 64kbps, which uses about 29MB/hour.
- Improved flexibility in the app home page. This means the app can have even more relevant and interesting content.
Ratings and Reviews
ABC my best companion!
Dear Abc Radio, I have been listening to RN for over 20 years! All I can say is that you make my day every day and I could not think of life without you! 15 years ago my husband wanted to buy a farm 6 hours from Canberra and the Real Estate agent told me later that the only question I apparently asked him was: “Can I get the ABC?”
You inform me with your hourly news; Am&Pm, Fran Kelly’s Breakfast show, Geraldeen Doogue’s Sat morning prog and many more. You educate me with the Health Report, All in the Mind, Background briefing, Big Ideas, Late night live, Earshot, the Religion@Ethics program to name a few and you make me think with shows like Heaven forbid and the Minefield!
When you made it possible for people to listen to your programs at anytime of the day or night, that was just the icing on the cake, especially as I now live 1hour 15 mins outside Canberra and spend a lot of time in the car. Thanks again for being in my life.
Karin from outside Yass NSW
I am new to the app and like the way I can listen to my local ABC radio station live anywhere I take my iPhone. Definitely superior to the old tech of battery operated portable radio.
My one issue is with the podcasts. Please introduce a way to sort the playlist. I listen while on a treadmill so can't fiddle with the app while moving. I also listen to a lot of short shows like the Health Report. The episodes seem to go onto the list in the order you choose them so you can't play through a variety of shows unless you jump back and forth between shows while adding episodes. Also I would like to play episodes in chrono order in case older ones become unavailable.
What would be best is the ability to move items up and down the list either by dragging or a move up/down button.
Otherwise a great app. Thanks
great content - ave app
I use this app a lot but I think its time to switch to something else.
Can't stand the continuous play feature that can't be disabled. Once it finishes your chosen podcast it will automatically go and play whatever it decides is next, often completely unrelated. if you travel through low reception areas it will search for your chosen podcast and if it can't find that it will randomly go to another podcast that you haven't asked for. Also it does not remember what podcast you were listening to or where you were up to if you pause a podcast while traveling into work and then try to resume the podcast while traveling home. Even the standard Apple podcast app can do that.
I just use this app too look for content then download it on another podcast app now.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, some of the behavior you have described does sound odd, so we will look into this further.
In regards to stopping continuous play, you can do this by using the sleep timer. Simply tap the 'clock' icon that is located near the play/stop button on the player screen, then choose the 'end after current episode' option.
If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact support.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 64.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.