By Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the ABC Radio App you can listen to 36 live radio streams and over 150 on-demand programs. We're also increasing the ways you can personalise your listening experience:
• LISTEN to your favourite LIVE ABC Radio Stations
• Missed your favourite live program? LISTEN ON-DEMAND
• Use + MY PROGRAMS to sync the latest episodes of your favourite programs
• Use + LISTEN LATER to save episodes for offline listening – great for saving data and for when phone reception is poor
• EXPLORE podcasts by station and genre
• MY RADIO gives you quick access to My Program and Listen Later episodes
• Use the sleep function when you go to bed
The App also offers track and program information; weekly schedules; and sharing on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
ON-DEMAND PROGRAMS (PODCASTS) INCLUDED
• All current and previous episodes, as found on iTunes, are available, that is podcasts from over 150 ABC Radio programs.
• ABC metro Local Radio: 891 ABC Adelaide, 612 ABC Brisbane, 666 ABC Canberra, 105.7 ABC Darwin, 936 ABC Hobart, 774 ABC Melbourne, 720 ABC Perth, 702 ABC Sydney
• ABC regional Local Radio: 1233 ABC Newcastle, ABC Gold Coast, ABC Alice Springs, ABC North West WA, ABC Goldfields WA, ABC Northern Tasmania, ABC Kimberley WA, ABC Western Queensland, ABC South West WA, ABC North West Queensland, ABC Far North Qld, ABC North and West SA, ABC Western Plains NSW, ABC Gippsland VIC, ABC Southern Queensland, ABC Goulburn Murray VIC.
• ABC Radio National
• ABC Classic FM
• ABC Classic 2
• ABC NewsRadio
• ABC Grandstand
• triple j
• triple j Unearthed
• Double J
• ABC Jazz
• ABC Country
• ABC Extra - brings you extra coverage of events and ideas that matter - festivals, speeches and addresses, celebrations and commemorations, big unfolding stories and small conferences discussing big ideas.
• Emergency broadcasts
These are all the ABC Radio stations that currently have live radio streams for online and mobile.
The app streams HLS over AAC+ at 64kbps, which uses about 29MB/hour.
Note: You are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
We value your feedback, please send us compliments, suggestions and critique.
If you have the App then please use the ‘Send Feedback’ button in the App, if not then please use the ABC Radio Support link to contact us.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Fixed problem for some users where Stations and Category on-demand list would be blank instead of showing programs.
Unrivalled content but a couple of bugs
Been using this app thru its various versions since the beginning. I'm an ABC radio addict. I listen to radio throughout the day. It is the most content rich material available. Real knowledge and information delivered in depth and without "adornment" across many fields and viewpoints. It is a treasure of immense value to our nation.
The app is great but has the occasional hiccup. Sometimes it forgets a couple of your favourite programs and fails to download new eps on wifi. LNL slips off the list for some reason quite often. Also, every program is broken down into stories. It's is not possible to listen to the entire program as a single object. Not a major drama but it would be nice as it sometimes hops to a different program after a single segment has been played. There are issues with what it thinks you have listened to and what is unplayed. Also, it sometimes takes forever to download programs if you select many to download at a time, tho if you do them one at a time they download quickly. Queueing system?
I would like to see a simple list of the shows I've subscribed to as presently you need to spool down many pages to get to something at the end of your list. You've already subscribed so you don't need the detail of each show displayed again as if you were still "exploring". Im sure the ABC online team are constantly working on improvements and bug fixes and I look forward to seeing the fruits of their labours.. 4+
As far as streaming radio apps go this is s very user friendly app. No registration is required and although it has a number of "advanced" features like recording programs for off line listening, a wake up to radio you don't need to use them to enjoy live streaming radio programs from any ABC radio station no matter where you are including overseas. It has a great help and feedback page and provides a quick link to ABC Emergency Services online. All in all a great easy to use app that does precisely what it is meant to do and more.
Love the content, but interface could be better.
Perhaps in this day and age we have become blasé about how readily we can access music, video and communications of all types. This little app puts all the many and varied radio station content of Auntie in your pocket, at your finger tips, in your earbuds, using nothing more than a thin rectangle of glass, metal and plastic! Amazing! And it works in the background so you may listen whilst going other things. Thank you Auntie. You are a national treasure. Keep up the good work.
- Category: News
- Updated: 06 October 2015
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.