ABC Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced Australian teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities and over 2,500 digital story books.
ABC Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read. The monthly subscription includes full access to:
• ABC Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos and read-aloud books.
• ABC Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
• ABC Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• ABC Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns and more.
ABOUT THE ABC READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by Australian educators.
SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets and games, motivating children to keep learning.
RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2-13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension.
PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards, 91% success rate AND money-back guarantee gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access ABC Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• Compatible with iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4,iPad mini, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPhone5+. iPad2 is not recommended for Reading Eggs Junior.
• iOS 9 or later
• An active trial or subscription
To get the best experience, go into your iPad settings, select ‘General’ and ensure that ‘Mute’ is selected under ‘Lock Rotation’.
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each subscription gives one child access to ABC Reading Eggs Junior, ABC Reading Eggs, ABC Reading Eggspress and ABC Mathseeds
• The first month of your subscription is free. After the first month, a monthly cost is charged to your iTunes account (see prices below)
• Receive a 50% discount on the full subscription cost per month for any additional child subscribed via the Reading Eggs iPad app
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your iTunes account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your iTunes Account Settings
PRICING (BASED ON REGION)
• 1st child: 12.99 AUD/month
• 2nd, 3rd & 4th child: 6.49 AUD/month
In New Zealand:
• 1st child: 12.99 NZD/month
• 2nd, 3rd & 4th child: 6.49 NZD/month
Family Bonus Discount—Save 50% on any additional children.
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com.au/terms/
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I wish my sons school didn’t use this app because he enjoys it so much I got it for him and my two younger kids. At $26 a month, I expect near perfection. Instead, this app takes forever to load, minimum 10 minutes, what, in this day and age, takes 10 minutes to load? And this excessive loading time, isn’t once, it is every single time my kids want to change what they are doing. Every video freezes (if it plays at all). The only way to get through a level or video freeze is to start the level again. This can occur several times per level. And why does the sound drop out? There is no logical reason why the sound is working then it just stops. I have to log out and log back in several times for the sound to return. I am baffled. Thankfully you have a free one month trial because unless this app miraculously starts working properly (I currently have a 3 year old screaming in my ear because the videos are not loading, yeah this makes me reallllly happy) I will be deleting this application from our lives in the very near future, forever.
Hi there, We are so sorry to hear that you have been having these problems while accessing the program through your device. The program should be running smoothly on any device that meets the specification requirements. We would certainly like to work with you to understand what is causing these issues and to provide some troubleshooting steps to help get it up and running correctly. Please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org with your account and device details so that we can look in to this.
The Reading Eggs Team.
Absolutely love but....
My 5 and 10 year olds absolutely love this app. My sone loves collecting the acorns more than the eggs, I work at a school and didn’t even realise you had a maths part to your program, it is absolutely amazing! However when my 5 year old is on it the sound does go off for unknown reasons and it does tend to freeze but I’m hoping this will rectify itself soon.
My 10 year old loves to read but struggles a little so she loves using the app too.
It is a bit pricey which is annoying but with my kids progress I’m happy to pay and hopefully next year I won’t have too as both children will be at school and I know they use it at school.
Hi, It is great to hear that your children are enjoying the Reading Eggs and Mathseeds programs! We would love to help troubleshoot the sound issue that you are experiencing. Please contact Reading Eggs Customer Service at email@example.com with you account details.
The Reading Eggs Team
This has been an amazing help!
We were running this through the website (rather than the app) and it did have the occasional freeze. The app seems to have pretty much sorted that out.
But... our son was really struggling with learning to read, so much so we chose to repeat him in year 1. He just wasn’t getting reading, and had lost the confidence to try.
I paid for the programme in early January, and by the start of school he had progressed so far! He loves Reading Eggs, looks forward to doing them every day, and has powered through 45 lessons (at last count) on his own. He is now where he needs to be for school, and his confidence reflects this.
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 96.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs $12.99
- Reading Eggs (2nd child) $6.49
- Reading Eggs (3rd child) $6.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.