Active Typing Bee
By WILLHALL SIAU
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Audio Typing Bee is an app that I consider a hybrid of sorts – part spelling and part typing app. Spelling because it asks your child to identify a picture and then spell out the word. Typing because your child uses an onscreen, child friendly version of the iPhone/iPad keyboard to do that spelling. This is an app that works on two skills at the same time." -- theiPhoneMom.com
A total of four options with three difficulty settings offering more than 50 combinations of endless fun and learning experience.
Parents can create different levels to suit different learning needs, or join in to play and have fun with their kids.
In this version, we have included the following features:
1. Different word length in different levels
2. Custom keyboard to hide irrelevant characters
3. Option to have countdown timer for a bit of fun and excitement
4. Option to create short or long spelling rounds to suit learning time span
5. Randomized words to keep your children interested and occupied
6. Adorable pictures to represent the answer
7. Touch the picture to read out the word
8. Option to "Read Out Loud" automatically
9. Highscores to keep track of progress and achievements
10. Option to Reveal correct answer
11. Turn sound on and off to suit every situation
12. Option to use UPPERCASE/lowercase keyboard
*** If you would like to see some new words added to this App, please visit the "Developer Web Site" and make some suggestions.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Fixed minor audio bugs
So-so app and functionality
My child enjoys the spelling aspect of the app but it crashes a lot during tests and you have to restart the test each time.
It also does not work in landscape mode, which is a shame especially for the iPad, and it does not support an external keyboard, making its functionality as a typing tutor questionable.
3 out of 5
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 23 December 2011
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WILLHALL SIAU
- © 2011 Orados.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.