The original AdBlock - the last ad blocker you'll ever need. We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012 - we know our game :)
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device, save battery and drastically improve your day-to-day iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock are:
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock has a local DNS proxy service built in. Use it to see which domains you're device is contacting. Create your own rules and assign any IP address to any domain right on your device.
• AdBlock has enhanced DNS proxy rules export and import function. Share DNS proxy rules with other users, easily import rules found on the Internet.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of domains and synchronise your rules between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording of your activity.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through any remote server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked on your device.
• Setting up AdBlock is very simple! Just download the app, and follow the tutorial to set everything up.
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date for you.
• AdBlock comes with a very handy widget to quickly enable or disable DNS proxy on your device.
Looking for support? Contact our dedicated support line at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this release we've improved DNS proxy rules import and export. You can now easily share your rules by long pressing on the IP or any group assigned to it. When exporting an IP or group, the export format will now include information about contained domains and how they are organised into groups. Now you can also import rules from hosts files, coma and new-line separated lists and our own format (.adblock file extension). You can import DNS rules into AdBlock from URL or directly from other apps like Files or Dropbox. We've also improved the Safari Content Blocker with better rule handling and duplicate rule detection.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely brilliant app
One of the best apps I've ever purchased. Just thought I’d give it another boost.
Those complaining it doesn’t work have no idea what they’re talking about, it works with everything, including iOS apps and games. Don’t give something a bad review simply because you don’t know how to use it.
I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but turn on DNS logging, then create a rule for the log entry appearing after the in app ad first appears. The address will usually have *ad* in it. If you are not certain about an address, google it, the community will have the answer.
Good grief people, show a bit of initiative ! Or ask someone with some skills to assist you. Everything on my device is completely ad free, but as developers amend ad servers, you must also adjust your Adblock rules. I’ve shared my rules with my entire family and they are also ad free.
Yes, the older version of this app was better for n00bs, but it sometimes blocked content I didn’t want blocked, hence I prefer the complete control over DNS permissions this version offers.
And PS, an auto disabling VPN is a network issue, not the app. I installed the gadget and it now restores the VPN when I view the weather and all other gadget info each morning.
The best way to block ads. I cannot go without it
I’ve been using this AdBlock app for a long time now, and it really is the best way to block ads. However, if you are going to download this application, you will need to be slightly prepared to learn how to use it. But I see it as a must have and simply the most effective way to block ads on any iOS device.
Simply powerful !!!
The new update brings so many features & fine control. Enable the DNS log, look through it after loading an ad rich site & create rules from the log directly to block unwanted domains. Powerful! Also add the Prebake filter list (startpage or DuckDuckGo it) to the Safari filters to get rid of annoying cookie consent messages. Adblock team - THANK YOU !!!
- Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- 18.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.