The free Adobe Scan app turns your device into a powerful portable PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR). Use this mobile document scanner to turn anything — receipts, notes, documents, pictures, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with content you can reuse from each PDF and photo scan.
HOW IT WORKS:
With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo or PDF scan.
• CAPTURE. Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• REUSE. Turn your photo scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks content through automated text recognition (OCR). You can reuse content from each PDF scan thanks to OCR.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
The Adobe Scan document scanner is so easy and powerful to use, you’ll say, “This is the PDF scanner for me.”
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes, and business cards with this mobile PDF scanner. The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. The Adobe Scan PDF scanner makes any content scannable and reusable. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF that you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to. Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit and reuse.
• SAVE BUSINESS CARDS TO CONTACTS. Scan a business card and Adobe Scan turns into a fast business card scanner and reader. Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save each PDF scan to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text. You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. The Adobe Scan document scanner connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do even more with your PDFs. Edit PDF and photo scans, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
NEW: Create PDFs from Photos and other apps
Share images to Adobe Scan from Photos or other apps to quickly scan to PDF.
IMPROVED: Performance and reliability
We are always working to improve your scanning experience and this release is no exception. Thank you for using Adobe Scan.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for my accounts
I use an online accounting system that allows me to associate and store electronic documents with the bills, invoices, credit notes, etc. up until now I have been manually taking photos then cropping and colour adjusting so I don’t create large useless attachments. I was simply looking for an app that could fix the perspective skew. What I found was Adobe Scan. It has already saved me buckets of time n this one day since installing it. So simple. I put any document down on the table and half a dozen taps later I have scanned, combined, pdf’d and emailed my attachment and it’s ready to be read in pristine condition in my accounting system. This is the biggest productivity gain I’ve had from my phone. Brilliant!
Once again a Adobe Crush it
Adobe scan is hands down the best mobile PDF tool on the market.
I love the seamless integration of other media and scan documents into single PDF file, coupled with the freedom to share via file link uploaded to creative cloud or attach complete file to email.
One tip if you are my generation deselect auto capture it can get away from you ;) but if you are generation “but dad if you just” auto capture is right up your ally, my resident IT expert 13 blew my hair back laying out 10 pages scanning and compiling in less than a minute.
Sure you can download and assemble a plethora of apps to do the same thing in 50 steps that this app does in 2 or 3 and lets face it always is so much sweeter and cleaner from the source.
My Adobe subscription is one of the most sound investments I have made a few bucks a month and I am covered laptop, tablet or mobile.
The ease with which I can create, edit, draft, collaborate and share with quality consistency and stability across multiple Adobe software and app platforms is exceptional value for money.
Easy to use- great quality
It’s as if I put my docs on a scanner they are such good quality!
Very easy to use. Open the app, point your camera at the doc you want scanned and it finds the edges itself. Really intuitive!
Also easy to save and share. Has option to delete the snaps you didn’t like and save the remaining parts as a bundled PDF document. Even better? If you want to email it you can do it from the app- it opens a new email with the PDF already attached.
It was recommended to me and I would recommend it to everyone!
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- 178.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack $14.49
- Adobe PDF Pack $129.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.