** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Colour Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
CANNOT PROCESS RAW
Here is the thing...I actually quite loved this program as an adequate replacement for my PS suite. I was specifically looking to replace PS to edit photos on my iPad Pro from photoshoots and thought I’d found it after a few quick plays but once I uploaded my first actual shoot yesterday I found that no matter how many times I tried, it would not read my RAW files. It just opens them as a completely blank image. I’m allowed to make changes to that blank space but what the hell kind of use is that, if I cannot see it????
Now, aside from that, I actually mostly enjoyed this program. It is a little clunky in places but has everything I required from a program. Except for the ability to make my own presets, which I happen to love and find to be a particularly good time saver.
But, without the ability to process RAW images this is a complete and utter waste of my time and money. And a big huge lie too. This alone makes me incredibly angry, frustrated and straight up sad.
Developer Response ,
It's worth checking to see if your camera make and model are supported, you can use the below link to confirm. If it's listed but failing to open correctly, please post on our support forum for a member of our team to assist you.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207972 Support forum: https://affin.co/forumQI
In terms of disability-support features/accessibility, Apple is years ahead of its competitors, on all of its platforms. For this reason, some governments/employers pay for Mac-equipment for users with disabilities.
I myself use iMacs, iPads, iPhones, AppleTV ... and without my Mac environment my vision impairment would be significantly more “disabling”.
I bought this App because it was the “App of the Year”.
I’m not sure if I am disappointed, furious, or both: this app doesn’t even support iOS-native accessibility functions: no bold UI text, no larger font, ...
the developer appears to not be aware of iOS accessibility features.
Nor does the developer appear to have given consideration to making the app as accessible as possible to as mane people as possible:
The menus/icons are dark grey on black. Contrasts cannot be enhanced. There are no alternative, more visible themes. Icons/menus cannot be enlarged ....
The developer may just be a small studio and not be disability aware.
But Apple should _NEVER_ have advertised this as “App of the Year” without clearly stating that it doesn’t even support iOS-native accessibility features. :(
I was really excited after reading about this app. I was looking forward to using it for my photo-editing.
Then the disappointment of the app not being accessible - and now the hassle of getting my money back. :(
Really bad choice for “App of the Year”
Great mobile photoshop
This app is great in terms of content. If you are coming from photoshop cc like me it will take a while for you to get used to the interface however if you are coming from the desktop version of affinity you will feel right at home.
My issue with the app is with the compatibility of affinity. You really need an iPad Pro to use this app. On any other iPad it is just sluggish. Forget about it if you using anything older than the 2017 iPad.
I have have used this on several iPads and this app only really works well with the Pro models. On top of needing an iPad Pro you are going to need an Apple Pencil. You can get by without but it’s not the same.
So if you have the latest iPad or iPad pros, an Apple Pencil maybe even a keyboard and $30 to spare it is going to worth it for you.
Alternatively if you travel with a laptop get Astropad then you can use your iPad with the full version of photoshop or affinity along with many other high-end desktop apps.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 915.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.