** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Colour Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
- Added optimisations for the new iPad Pro
- Double tap support for all-new Apple Pencil
Ratings and Reviews
Pro editing tools for your iPad with a simple, user-friendly interface.
Not opening Sony A7 iii raw photos even when it’s advertised as supported!
I purchased this app mostly to edit my raw photos (taken by Sony a7 iii) on the go, through Google drive but when I try opening any of the raw photos they are all greyed out and I am not able to select them! I did a good research and made sure that Affinity opens this file format (taken by Sony Alpha lLCE-7 III) then purchased this app but now this app is almost useless for me!
I checked Affinity’s forum and looks like there are some people with similar problem asking Affinity’s support team about this problem but NONE of those posts were answered by Affinity!
I guess next is to figure out how to apply for refund!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. That is an issue with Google Drive, not ourselves. Sometimes when you upload the RAW files using a Windows PC, the desription of the file is not recognised. I'm afraid there's not much we can do as the bug is with Google. However, if you use Dropbox or iCloud, or any other cloud service, you should be fine.
Update: There are currenly some issues with opening A7 III files, resulting in a black screen. This has been logged already.
cannot save to photo on iOS
3 stars for it actually can replace Ps or Lr, but total turn down is cannot save my final edited to photo album on ipad. It is a joke, quite disappointing after purchase it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. You would have to export the files. Have a look at this video: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/photo/ipad/video/286486444
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 915.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.