Just beyond the horizon sits a majestic desert, vast and unexplored.
“Apple Design Award Winner, 2018”
“The art of the perfect sequel”
– The Verge
“A true joy”
“Dramatic and driving”
“A beautiful labor of love”
– The Next Web
“Vibrant and poetic”
“A relaxing experience”
– Ars Technica
Join Alto and his friends and set off on an endless sandboarding journey to discover its secrets.
Soar above windswept dunes, traverse thrilling canyons, and explore long-hidden temples in a fantastical place far from home.
Along the way, you’ll grind across vines, bounce atop hot air balloons, ride towering rock walls, and escape mischievous lemurs – all while uncovering the desert’s many mysteries.
• A standalone experience. Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
• Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete 180 goals — all with intuitive controls.
• Explore Biomes. From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
• Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
• Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
• Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
• Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
• Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
• Original music and handcrafted audio. Headphones recommended!
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Odyssey is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases. Purchase once, play forever.
We've updated Alto's Odyssey to continue to work great on the latest versions of iOS and the newest devices.
Ratings and Reviews
This game is stunning and worth the money and the wait. I didn’t think any game could be more beautiful than the first, Alto’s Adventure, but I guess I’ve been proven wrong. The hot-air-balloons are a very cute idea and I love the first scene to when you open the app. And the tornados are very cool! The music is elegant and exciting whilst still calming. The main story is also exciting and daring yet then you have the Zen Mode, relaxing and a true healer to stress. And you know what? I’m extremely impressed with how the developers made beautiful graphics and still just as amazing gameplay, unlike Monument Valley another stunning game. Some other people who play his game are unhappy with with nighttime, but I think it is a perfect lighting to be honest, and a clever idea. But I do have one idea. In the last game, the main focus was to save Alto’s Llamas. Well, as you are still using the llama in your title in the A I suggest you could maybe, since the llama and camel have extremely similar features, add in camels for Alto. I think that’d be a great idea. As you can tell though, I still absolutely adore this game and the love graphics. Thank-you Developers for creating such a great creative game. I rate this a 10/5 stars really.
Great sequel with one major caveat
This game improves on the first in a lot of ways, bigger variety of environments, new gameplay elements to mix it up and beautiful visuals similar to the original.
But it carries over one of my major gripes from the first game - some of the goals that you have to hit are completely based on the games procedural generation and not on the players skill. For example one of the tasks is to ‘smash a pot with a water stream boost’, really the only way to do this is to just grind (not on your sandboard) until the game eventually spawns the sequence of a water stream with a pot nearby afterwards. This wouldn’t be so bad if the games random engine somehow accounted for this but I’ve currently been stuck on this goal for ages... And the only way to progress is to just keep playing. Frustrating for a game that is otherwise very fun and polished.
Therapeutic and hypnotic
A worthy sequel to the first, hours spent playing this, great value casual gaming with zero interruptions. One of the few games that has held my attention and kept me coming back for more. Almost like meditation once you’re in the zone and going with the flow. I’d like to see more unique combos added to the repertoire, and please add more biomes; dense jungles, deep canyons, waterfall backdrops, grassy plains, even fluffy cloudscapes high in the sky would add extra variety.
- 144.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Team Alto
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.