Use the Amazon Alexa App to set up your Alexa-enabled devices, listen to music, create shopping lists, get news updates and much more. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the Home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check the status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANISE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Connected home, love it
Honestly. I have 3 echo dots, 2 echos, and a new echo sub. And it’s great, music is amazing and the price is right! I have 34 LIFX lights, wemo switches, and 3 ring cameras, Logitech harmony hub and more.
The echo system has ALMOST flawlessly tied ALL of these aftermarket devices into one smooth flowing machine. MASSIVE thanks to the developers for what is surely a monumental task. I rarely need to open the app, but when I do, it gets the job done usually without an issue.
Yes, sometimes I give up on Alexa when she doesn’t quite understand me.
Sometimes I change the name of devices because she doesn’t like “Ian’s Lamp” so now it’s “Scott’s” lamp.
There’s a few bugs here and there but a quick reset solves 99% of those issues. The complexity of what’s actually happening here deserves credit. I’m having a beer for the devs as we speak. (Keep up the amazing work)
The new layout took a week to get used too, and I do feel some things are still confusing (I would always hand a new device to my wife and see if she can set up and use it, before releasing to the public).
But honestly. If you have a whole lot of smart devices. This is literally the gateway to making it all work together. Thankyou guys... Now stop listening to my wife and I making babies....
Everything you don't want in an app
Laggy and slow mixed together with frequently crashing- this app is a nightmare! I don't understand as Alexa is so great, yet she's totally let down by this b-grade app.
Skills search is disappointing, and awkward: you scroll through acres of results and after you've looked at one and go back you're returned to the top of your search result list- ridiculous! Also: please make Skills searchable the language they're available in, or add more filters so I can easily find german Skills as an expat in Australia. I'm sure there are others who would find this extremely useful!
Language messed up
App is a joke now after the recent update claiming to bring in ability to talk to alexa on the app by pressing the alexa button. The language suddenly has changed to Japanese. It can't understand English and only responds back on Japanese. Please enable English (Australia) developers. Don't you do basic user testing before deploying a feature like this. So many others have posted the same issue and I am hoping someone takes notice and fixes this asap.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 336 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AMZN Mobile LLC 2014-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.