By American Express
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official American Express Mobile App for iPhone® allows you to keep track of your account, pay your bill, view your rewards and log in with the touch of a finger on supported devices with iOS 8+. With an easy-to-use personalised activity timeline, it brings the latest transaction information, Amex Offers and recommendations into a single view.
• Get quick access to your account with Touch ID login (iPhone 5s and above with iOS 8+)
• Log in securely with the same User ID and Password you use on americanexpress.com.au
• Manage your account, including multiple Card Accounts and pay your bill^
• Check your balance, access past PDF statements and pending transactions
• Set up push notifications for payment reminders and Card spend alerts*
• View your Rewards points balance and use points to pay back eligible purchases via a credit on your account^* (if you’re enrolled in the Membership Rewards program)
• Explore Amex Offers and get hundreds of dollars of savings from popular brands*
• Refer American Express to friends and be rewarded with Bonus Points*.
• Become a Local Champion^*. Qantas, Velocity and Membership Rewards enrolled Consumer Card Members can play to earn Bonus Points at participating merchants.
• Find recommendations and discover hidden gems with the Places map*
Don’t like the Amex Mobile App? You can continue to use our site at americanexpress.com.au from any device.
• This App is only available for American Express Australian Card Members who are already registered for American Express Online Services and have a valid User ID and Password.
• Not registered for Online Services? Register for Online Services at www.americanexpress.com.au/register. Then download the App.
• If your American Express® Card has been issued by your bank or you are a David Jones Storecard Member, we’re sorry you are not eligible to use the Amex Mobile App.
• Available on iPhone® and iPod touch®
^David Jones American Express Card Members are unable to pay their bill via the Amex Mobile App and are not eligible for Local Champion and Pay with Points.
*If you are an American Express Corporate Card Member or an American Express Business Card Member affiliated with a wholesale partner, you are not eligible for Pay with Points, Amex Offers, Friends Referral, Local Champion, Places, and push notifications.
Local Champion eligibility and Terms and Conditions are available at americanexpress.com.au/localchampion.
iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
All access to and use of this App is subject to and governed by American Express’ End User License Agreement, Website Rules & Regulations and Privacy Statement.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
Amex Offers notifications are now available for eligible Amex Cards
Actually works as per the label!
One App that actually works as expected with lightning speeds telling you a transaction has gone through faster than the retailers confirmation at times. Reassuring to see transactions in near real time. So anything "odd" should be picked up fast or I can tell "goods shipped" when the card is debited which is better than tracking through the resellers website.
Payments are easy too.
Keep up the good work.
Handy but faulty
The worst part of this app is there is no way to report any glitches or bugs, but for the most part the app works fine.
The Local Champion section is a nifty idea but it's dodgy in my experience. I try to add my local stores before I spend there but only a dozen selections are offered. You can't "search" for stores and other stores will only show up AFTER I've spent there. That means my purchases haven't been recorded and don't count towards the goals.
I've also spent at one store I've saved as a Local Champion but none of my spends have been credited it to it. Out of 4 it has recorded zero.
I like the push notifications and the ability to look up a fair amount of detail about my transactions. It just needs more tech support and options to report bugs, errors, etc. without calling them (which is irrelevant because it's not an account issue per se).
The AMEX app is great. When I make a purchase using my Apple Watch it provides a notification on my iPhone which comes in handy when checking which card I used for purchases.
The TouchID works well, simplifying access to my account and the ability to see recent purchases before they are cleared helps as well.
Some banks can learn something from AMEX with its functionality.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 24 October 2016
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Express
- © 2016 American Express Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.