Discover where you came from through photos, stories, historical documents, and so much more. With the Ancestry app you can explore your family stories anytime, anywhere.
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints™
• Explore billions of historical photos and records
• Preserve and share your history with a family tree
• Share and collaborate with friends and family
• Get notified of new hints and comments
Apple Watch Features:
• Receive new hint notifications with photo previews.
• Save and ignore photo hints right from your Apple Watch.
• Keep up with comments and add your own with voice dictation.
• Get on-this-day alerts for events from your family history.
iPhone and iPad Features:
• Ancestry Hints™ automatically find records, photos, and stories about your family
• In just a few taps create, edit, and see your family tree
• Access more than 14 billion historical records, photos, and more
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry.com account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Add family members to your tree from Facebook
• Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors
Start your journey by choosing a subscription:
UK Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
UK Heritage Plus Membership: $29.99 per month
UK World Heritage Membership: $26.99 per month
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew function is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
In app purchase options give you access to the world's largest online collection of historical documents.
Winner of the 2013 Appy Awards!
- Build and show off your Ancestry.com family trees – anytime, anywhere
- Make discoveries about your family with Ancestry Hints - we'll find historical records and photos for you
- Explore high-resolution images of historical documents
- Preserve family memories by adding photos to your tree instantly
- Access the world's largest online family resources with over 11 billion historical records
We have multiple subscriptions available to choose from starting at $21.99 per month.
- UK Heritage Membership: $21.99 per month
- UK Heritage Plus Membership: $24.99 per month
- World Heritage Membership: $59.99 per month
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
View our Terms and Conditions at: http://www.ancestry.com.au/cs/legal/Mobile-termsandconditions
We regularly update our app to fix bugs and add new features to help you uncover your family story and make new discoveries about your ancestors.
Thanks for using Ancestry! If you enjoy using the Ancestry App, please take the time to give us a review.
Have a question? Go to the support section in the app and talk to our support team.
Ratings and Reviews
Made some great discoveries
Through Ancestry DNA, I have discovered an entire branch of the family that I didn’t know existed. There were some shocking surprises in the journey but meeting some wonderful people has made it all worthwhile. Having multiple family members tested as well as constructing the family tree is highly recommended as more hints become forthcoming. The Ancestry program is a big help but you need to understand that it doesn’t do all of the hard work for you - it can only work with the data it has so you will need to do some of your own research as well. It is good that any living people in the tree are private by default. The DNA results helps a great deal in placing the pieces together.
On the app constantly but
I spend 5-6 hours per day on the app. The tree is large and to use it I have to restart it once an hour at least. I have reasonable Internet speed but it simply struggles to do as it is designed. Is it my connections, Ancestry servers or a combo? To survive I delete the app and reinstall once a week. It seems to slow as it accrues debris.
It is annoying and concerning when the program design provides a warning when a 'hint' is rejected before fully loaded; the warning offers 'support'. At first I thought I had sinned but I have learnt to deal with the freezes and ignore the 'threats' (50 times a day).
So I've given it an obsessed workout. I love it and hate the implicit frustration. It is a zillion times better than sitting at a computer. One day I'll get in and correct the duplications that seem inevitable. IS
And four years later the app in its several forms actually remains my interest, my hobby, my life (apart from all the other things!).
Love the App however when I have too many of the same hints I would like to delete them a little easier than saying that they are not family. I take my iPad everywhere so it is quite easy to add details if I get them when visiting. I don't like the choices for saving or deleting. Sometimes they are correct but I just don't want to save them because they may belong to another member of the family and I can't save them to the other person.
I don't like getting multiple hints from USA if I have asked for Australia, or England or Europe. One or two are ok but I have seen dozens!
- Ancestry.com Operations Inc.
- 187 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Ancestry
- In-App Purchases
- Just this record $1.49
- Just this record $2.99
- UK Heritage $26.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.