Take the guess work out of aligning any TV antenna. Within seconds Antenna Mate will accurately* point to the direction of your best** TV reception from anywhere in Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. Antenna Mate is used by professional installers, caravaners, and DIYers from city and country areas.
WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN AUSTRALIA
* 599 broadcasting sites.
* 2,857 digital transmitters.
* All cities and towns in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, SA, WA and NT where digital terrestrial television is available***
WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN NEW ZEALAND
* 35 broadcasting sites.
* 344 transmitters
* All cities and towns in the North and South Islands where digital terrestrial television is available****
WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
* 1,151 broadcasting sites.
* 3,698 digital transmitters.
* All cities and towns in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands where digital terrestrial television is available*****
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Using your current location, your device's compass, and the target site's effective radiated power, Antenna Mate instantly estimates the signal strength of all nearby sites and automatically plots a bearing to the best one**.
Under normal circumstances you should get an initial result within seconds. The longer you leave Antenna Mate open, the more accurate it will become. For best results use Antenna Mate outside in an open space and away from objects which cause interference.
Antenna Mate doesn't need an internet connection, that's one of the reasons why it's so fast.
DETAILED TRANSMITTER INFO
Complete listings of all digital terrestrial transmitters are available at each site. Listings include the callsign, frequency (MHz), channel, polarisation, and effective radiated power (kW).
ALL SITES BY STRENGTH OR DISTANCE
Prefer to align your TV antenna with another broadcasting site? No worries! Sites can be listed from strongest to weakest, or closest to furthest away. Pick any site from the list and Antenna Mate instantly plots a new bearing to the targeted site.
Using an amplifier or high gain antenna? You can increase the search radius up to 200 km (120 mi) from your current location.
LIGHT AND DARK DISPLAY SWITCHING
When your device is in direct sunlight Antenna Mate will automatically switch to a light display making the arrow easy to see. Perfect for performing an alignment during the middle of the day.
USE IT UPSIDE DOWN, OR THE RIGHT WAY UP
Antenna Mate is smart enough to know when your device is being held upside down, or the right way up. Either way, it will always point to the targeted site.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
We would love to hear your feedback or help you troubleshoot. Send an e-mail to email@example.com or tweet @antennamate. Follow us on Twitter to get notified when transmitter data is updated.
* Time taken to find best broadcasting site and directional accuracy will vary based on device and external environmental factors.
** Best broadcasting site is measured by estimating maximum theoretical field strength in free space (No obstructions or reflections). Actual field strength will be lower. Closest broadcasting site is measured by estimating distance using line of sight. Distance is only an approximation.
*** Based on Australian Communications and Media Authority data.
**** Based on Radio Spectrum Management and OpenStreetMap data.
***** Based on Ofcom data.
- Updated data for Australia for April 2018. -5 transmitters
- Small interface optimisations for the iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
On iPhone it’s OK but not good on ipad.
On iPhone it’s quick but doesn’t tell you which is best signal or signal strength or elevation. Issues on 2nd device is a 1 Star
I tried to use my purchased app by also putting on iPad.
It gave me a list of transmitters, which isn’t too helpful, I want it to tell me which one is strongest.
It also wouldn’t allow compass like it does on my iPhone. Pretty frustrated.
Please send me a follow up email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.
Antenna Mate works great on both iPhone and iPad. It's the same app on both. Antenna Mate can also tell you where the strongest transmitters are. When you first open the app it automatically locks on to the strongest one.
I have used this for a month as I travel. I still can’t get ABC so I suppose the app is OK as I can get 1,3, 7,9,10 but I like ABC news.
I have reset to factory default after using the app to find signal. I’m currently in Roma so the ABC should be a shoe-in. But
Does it matter which way the aerial is lined up? Or do the Wineguard aerials work equally well in the 180 degrees the app indicated.
It simply works
Easy to use, removes any doubt where to point the antenna and removes all the fuss setting up when in a new location.
- Tate Johnson
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-18 Tate Johnson
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.