The Australian National University (ANU) is situated on 145 hectares in the heart of Australia's 'bush capital'. It is this inspiring setting which helps drive the creativity of ANU staff and students.
The ANU Walks app provides you with detailed information on outdoor sculpture, heritage and sustainability features on the extensive ANU campus.
The app contains images and detailed descriptions, as well as a map to help plan your walks around ANU. Put on your sensible shoes and start exploring the campus.
- The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Heritage Trail highlights the cultural significance of the ANU Acton campus and the continuing culture and connection to Country.
- The sculpture walk is a delightful way to access and explore a significant part of the ANU art collection at your leisure.
- The heritage walk provides a window into the early history of the Acton area, and the distinct architectural styles of the time.
- The Mt. Stromlo heritage trail shows the history and scientific aspects of Mt. Stromlo, while taking in stunning views over Canberra.
- The sustainability walk exhibits some of the best examples of the natural environment on campus, as well as energy, water and waste efficiency and innovation.
- The Lindsay Pryor walk commemorates the life and legacy of Professor Lindsay Dixon Pryor - an important figure in the establishment of Canberra’s urban forest.
- The architecture trail shows the campus’ earliest buildings, to some of its most modern and sustainable sites. Learn about the architects, designs, and disagreements which helped to create the spectacular University you see today.
- The landscape trail shows the designed landscape around buildings as well as the native and exotic vegetation of the campus.
- The political history trail will guide you through the ANU campus on a journey highlighting the founding of the university, its historic relationship with Australia’s capital city, and its association with several of Australia’s most famous politicians.
Bug fix & improved stability
Ratings and Reviews
- The Australian National University
- 113.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 The Australian National University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.