By Qantas Airways Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Qantas Assure, the insurance membership which lets you earn Qantas Points for everyday activities like walking the dog, playing with the kids or riding your bike.
How does it work?
Simple. Purchase and maintain an Eligible Qantas Assure Product, download the Qantas Assure App* and start earning Qantas Points just for being active.
Track and Earn
Used in tandem with Apple Health, your Fitbit, or even both, the Qantas Assure App allows you to track your steps and earn Qantas Points for being active. Set goals, take part in group challenges, get motivated – and be rewarded.
How many Qantas Points?
If you take out and maintain an Eligible Qantas Assure Product, you can earn up to 15,000 Qantas Points every year through the Qantas Assure App as a reward for being active, like walking or cycling+.
Can I try before I buy?
Yes, no worries. You can try out the Qantas Assure App without purchasing an Eligible Qantas Assure Product but you will accumulate Locked Qantas Points.
Then, should you decide to purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product, you can unlock a maximum of 3,000 Locked Qantas Points++.
Also, if you haven’t purchased an Eligible Qantas Assure Product, you can earn Qantas Points for promotional challenges that are run in the App from time to time.
Here’s how to use the App:
• Connect your phone to Apple Health or Fitbit
• Complete Daily and Weekly Step challenges
• Complete Weekly Cycle challenges
• Win the three day Group Challenge
• Collect Badges for reaching milestones
• Invite your friends and family to join you in a Group Challenge
• Receive motivational notifications to help you reach your goals
• View your step statistics
• View your Qantas Points balance
• Follow the 7 day leaderboard
• Kids aged 13 and over can also use the App
• Connects with your iPhone and/or Fitbit plus any wearable devices that are linked to your Apple Health App
• Use your Qantas Frequent Flyer details to login
Currently available for:
• iPod Touch 5th generation (or above), iPhone 5s (or above) operating on iOS 8.2 (or above) using Apple Health App, a step tracking wearable compatible with Apple Health App (such as Apple Watch or Garmin) or Fitbit.
• iPhone 5 and 5c operating on iOS 8.2 (or above) using a Fitbit
* The Qantas Assure App is offered by Qantas and you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and 13 years of age or over to use the App.
+ 15,000 Qantas Points is the maximum number of Qantas Points that can be earned each year through the App by each Qantas Frequent Flyer member aged 13 or over who is covered under Advanced or Top Hospital Cover. Each Qantas Assure Health Insurance policy has a specific maximum number of Qantas Points that can be earned each year through the App. To earn the maximum of 15,000 Qantas Points, you must participate in the highest daily and weekly challenges available through the App and win every weekly group challenge. A list of the maximum Qantas Points available can be found here.
++ Qantas Frequent Flyer members can accumulate Locked Qantas Points by completing activities through the Qantas Assure App. Locked Qantas Points will expire 12 months after the Member last accrued a Locked Qantas Point. A maximum of 3,000 Locked Qantas Points can be converted to Qantas Points following purchase of an Eligible Qantas Assure Product. A list of Eligible Qantas Assure Products is available at qantasassure.com/health-insurance/products.
What's New in Version 1.0.21
We're always looking to improve your experience with the Qantas Assure App. Keep your App up to date to make sure you always have access to the latest features and functionality.
Points disappearing/not being added
Points from hitting goals are being lost and no longer added to the total. When it was working, it didn't correctly handle different time zones for certain achievements. This makes them either impossible or at least more difficult, depending on the zone you're in. This is a huge oversight given that the target audience for Qantas' product is people who are most likely to be in different time zones both outside and inside of Australia, e.g. this impacts you if you live in or travel to Qld (no daylight savings), SA, WA and NT.
My App Didn't Work
My app didn't work. The needle goes around but the % doesn't display and points don't load.
My son's one does work and I can see what it does. He's got lots of points.
Can't contact anyone to identify the problem so I have to write a bad review. Hopefully the app developers will see and fix. Then hope fully Qantas will allow an extension of the trial.
Well I'll be cycling and walking every for the 28 days to get as many unlocked Qantas Points as possible!!!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 09 January 2017
- Version: 1.0.21
- Size: 99.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Qantas Airways Ltd
- © 2017 Qantas Airways Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.