Archaeology Ireland: Delving into the past
‘A first-rate publication with the very best in making a wide and varied readership aware of current archaeology’—Professor Bruce Proudfoot.
Archaeology Ireland, founded in 1987, is the only magazine of its kind, reporting on Ireland’s treasury of archaeological artefacts, monuments, investigations and discoveries.
Archaeology Ireland is a quarterly publication aimed at the professional, academic and interested reader. It is authoritative and up to date, providing in-depth information and comment on what’s new, interesting and important in the world of Irish archaeology.
In the trial issue, find out about changelings, mylingar and other Dead Child Traditions and how these ‘old wives’ tales’ may have influenced both the treatment of children in burial and their subsequent acceptance into the afterlife; discover the possible prehistoric origins of the extinct Irish hobby breed of horse; and read about more evidence of a powerful solar cult that endured throughout Irish prehistory, as a re-examination of a very unusual stone die provides new insight into the nature of early Bronze Age gold-working in Ireland.
Each issue provides news, event listings and book news as well as a 6pp Heritage Guide, a lavishly illustrated and informative guide to one of Ireland’s well-known or lesser-known sites and monuments.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
Subscribers will receive new issues automatically.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 21.2 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Archaeology Ireland Annual Subscription $28.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.