Art in Motion
By PDJ Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* NOTE: To open the menu, simply tap the screen with two fingers. *
Art in Motion is a new kind of art application. It’s based on the idea that art should evolve with technology. The iPad is the best multi-touch device on the market, and it is packed with huge processing power. Standard drawing can be very fun, but it hardly makes full use of these advancements in technology.
How does Art in Motion compare to standard drawing?
• With Art in Motion you create a scene instead of a painting.
• Instead of drawing mountains, or trees, you customize and add orbs to your scene.
• Instead of looking at your drawing, you watch your orbs come alive.
• Unlike a painting, there is motion and life in your creation. You can even interact with your scene.
• In a painting colors don’t change, in the scene colors fade and flow constantly.
What are some examples of scenes I can create?
• By adding many small orbs with little friction and bounce, you can create a water effect. It can slosh around realistically as you tilt your iPad.
• You can create a large orb with gravity, and many smaller ones. Watch them as they orbit around like comets flying around a star.
• You can create a scene where brilliant colors follow your fingers as you touch the screen.
• You can create a scene where you fling fireworks with your fingers and watch them explode into beautiful colors.
• Powerful physics engine
• 20 bundled scenes (to play with and study)
• Intuitive interface for creating new scenes of your own
• Full multi-touch support, so all 10 fingers can play at once
• Many settings allowing for unique and one of a kind scenes
• Clear documentation
• VGA out support
What are people saying about it?
• "... very organic, smooth, I like it a lot!" Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater!
• “It’s what they would use on board the USS Enterprise for entertainment” G. C.
• "Be prepared to melt away hours of your night!" J. S.
• “Every iPad owner should have this app, there’s nothing like it!” C. K.
What's New in Version 1.06
Added VGA out support
Fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for
This app is fantastic. I was looking for something that my son could use for interaction, visual tracking, hand eye co-ordination and that was either visually soothing or visually exciting. This app was all of these things and more. With quite a number of preinstalled visual templates to choose from, as well as the ability to have endless fun creating your own, this app will not disappoint!
It's OK :)
This app is fun to play with and great for creating backgrounds for your ipad, the only thing is that it's very similar to line art which is free and you don't have all the annoying options to set up each time so if your like me and love line art and want to move up then get this :)
Horrible HORRIBLE app! Do not waste your money on it! Bad quality, ugly and just a bad app. You've been warned.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 05 September 2010
- Version: 1.06
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Doichev
- © Pavel Doichev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.