By Sophia Teutschler
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wiki entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." –Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." –John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
Additionally on iPhone and iPod touch:
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
- Fixed am issue when adding new bookmarks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Great app but
I like this app a lot but i would like to be able to adjust the fonts and color palette. While its well presented and readable the sepia color scheme looks out of date.
But it needs time stamps on history entries, but I doubt that will happen as it hasn't been update in years and most likely won't ever be.
Has not been updated in years!
The app still works but the UI is very dated. Where is the update? It has not been updated since 2013!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Sophia Teutschler
- © 2009-2014 Sophia Teutschler
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.