Asphalt 8: Airborne
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
200 MILLION PLAYERS CAN’T BE WRONG!
TAKE A SPIN WITH THE FRONT-RUNNER AMONG MOBILE RACING GAMES!
ACCLAIMED BY PLAYERS & THE PRESS!
“The iOS platform has quietly become a haven for great racers, and Asphalt 8 looks to be leading the pack right now.” - TouchArcade
WINNER: **2015 MWC Best Mobile Game App**
WINNER: **Winner of 2014 Pocket Gamer Best Sports/Racing Game Award**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – TouchArcade**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – AppSpy**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – Slide to Play**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 100/100 – GameReactor**
PERFECT SCORE: ** 5/5 – MacLife**
LEAVE GRAVITY IN THE DUST!
• 140+ OFFICIAL SPEED MACHINES: Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevrolet… We got ‘em all!
• STUNNING GRAPHICS: Interactions between the vehicles, environments & tracks are a fully physics-based experience!
• ARCADE GAMEPLAY AT ITS FINEST: Feel the thrill of gravity-defying racing across 40+ high-speed tracks!
• THE ULTIMATE MULTIPLAYER RACING EXPERIENCE: Race in real-time multiplayer action for up to 12 opponents & dare your friends to ghost races!
• WIN BIG: Participate in our Limited-Time Events to stack up amazing & exclusive rewards!
• MASSIVE CONTENT DEPTH: 400+ career events, 1,500 car mastery challenges, 5 unique game modes, car collections. An endless stream of single-player content!
• CUSTOMISE & UPGRADE YOUR RIDES: With over 2,300 decals, take down your opponents with style!
JOIN OUR RACER COMMUNITY!
• FACEBOOK: facebook.com/AsphaltGame
• YOUTUBE: youtube.com/c/AsphaltGames
• TWITTER: twitter.com/Asphalt
• INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/asphalt8
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
End-User License Agreement: http://www.gameloft.com/eula/?lang=en
What's New in Version 2.4.0
Let your engine roar in celebration of this brand-new update!
- REPLAYKIT SUPPORT: Record your best race times & share them with the community! (Exclusive to iOS 9 users.)
- R&D SERIES: Strap on your helmet; it’s time to test drive 2 new beasts! Prove your skills for a chance to win them!
- NEW CARS: The Lamborghini Miura, Mosler Super GT, Mazda RX8 & other amazing cars will be gradually added to the line-up! Stay tuned to www.facebook.com/AsphaltGame to know when each one is released.
- ELITE CARS: With great performance comes great responsibility. Take special care of these exclusive rides to bring out their full potential!
- A DELUGE OF DECALS: Pick up a massive pack of stylin’ new decals in the Shop. Then hit the track with your one-of-a-kind style!
A somewhat poor game with no long term goal.
I have been playing this game for over two years now, and not once did I think it was ever going to get better. Sure, the flash cars, cool race tracks and funky music all make it a very nice game, but it all sums up to nothing in the end. I have unlocked almost every car, done all the levels and still found no new motive to continue playing, and there is no overall reward. I would have given this game a two out of five, but the one thing this game excels with is the graphics, which is very nice for a mobile game.
Something I cannot ignore is how bad the car engines sound. A few great examples is the Mazda 6, FFX Ferrari Evolution and the Alfa Romeo 4C, which sound more like vacuum cleaners than racing cars. But I do love the sound of the Shelby Cobra 427, and the Jaguar sounds like a beast!
Also, what annoys me is how nagging Gameloft are with their persistent money grabbing sales and premium token cars, all trying to make you open up your wallet. Finally, I will go on about the multiplayer hackers and event cheaters. It has gotten better over the years I have you but not all of them are gone, and every time I take out my black Koenigsegg I get smashed by high end premium cars. Overall this game is nice, yes, but in order to get good at it you need three things; money, patience, and skill.
Fun but poorly thought out in some areas
Its ridiculously difficult to buy the overpriced cars unless you chip in lots of real money. The proto keys in R&D are also horribly timed and it confuses me as to who the target audience is. For students its impossible to spare time to play every 3 hours and I'm not sure why an adult would be obsessively playing the R&D parts so unless this is aimed at unemployed people with phones and wifi this should be changed or rethought. The upgrades are also pretty absurd so it is difficult to progress in R&D, especially the mosler one in which I've been stuck because my car isnt fast but each upgrade is over 100,000 in game coins. Kind of unfair and poorly thought out if you ask me
A Few Ideas...
Asphalt 8 Airborne is a very good game overall, amazing graphics, plenty of highly detailed cars, a decent amount of maps and some awesome music!
So I thought I might have a few ideas to make this awesome game even more awesome!
1. Some More Maps: Even though there is a pretty decent amount of maps in this game, it just feels like there's not enough for all of the cars out there, and when I say maps, I mean places like... The Nurburgring, The TopGear Test Track, Outback Australia or even the Autobahn.
2. Some Police Cars: I've played this game a countless amount of times and thought 'Hey, Why isn't there any police cars in this game?' I mean Police cars like the 2009 Dodge Charger or the 1999 Ford Crown Victoria or even Chevrolet Suburban. Possibly adding a Police Chase Gamemode, e.g: 4 Racers, 1 Criminal 3 Police or 2 Criminals 2 Police.
So those are just a few of my suggestions and I do hope they are taken into consideration!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 30 March 2016
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 1.35 GB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2014 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. All manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1.6 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Rookie Credit Pack$2.99
- Driver Credit Pack$7.99
- Pilot Credit Pack$14.99
- CLASS C CAR PACK$4.49
- CLASS D CAR PACK$2.99
- STARTER CAR PACK$7.99
- Pro Credit Pack$30.99
- SUPER DOUBLE CREDITS$1.49
- Handful of Tokens$2.99
- CLASS B CAR PACK$14.99