AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• Synchronize external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
• Add company/name sort mode for AU plugins
• Fix keyboard settings and AU preset popups in landscape on iPhone+ models
• iPhone X layout fixes
• Suggest checking mic access if IAA node failed with error code -10851
• Don't mess up MIDI mappings if session saved after removing empty fx slot
• Improved compatibility for some multi-channel audio interfaces (RME and others)
• Keep running bypassed AU plugins, but set shouldBypassEffect to allow optimization
• Allow opening project files from other locations via Files app on iOS 11
• Various minor tweaks, optimizations, and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This should be one of the first purchases for any serious iOS musician. It is the most useful utility app I have in my arsenal.
Get it now
Kymatica Does It Again! Thanks, Jonatan!
About three and a half years ago I was privileged to be one of the first people on the Aussie App Store to review a new (at the time) App called AudioShare. When I first saw AudioShare, I instantly knew that it was going to be special and very important to me as an iOS musician - never dreaming that perhaps one day another App by the same author would arrive that would not only complement AudioShare, but might actually eclipse it in some respects. . . .Here It Is.
This is IT. This is the BIG ONE. And if YOU, like me, are into creating iOS music, then believe me, YOU NEED THIS! AUM is a work of Genius, at first glance it's a little bit like Audiobus, but it does SO much MORE! It connects just about everything to everything else audio-wise , - even Audio Units (AUv3) Apps. FANTASTIC!
I have been waiting for an App that does what this does. This is an essential App for anyone who really wants to create a customised mixing environment for the iPad.
With a USB audio interface and a midi controller you can create amazing mixing environments that are customised to your liking.
I have finally been able to use this App to create a Live mixing environment for my outboard gear (drum machines, samplers, synth) and map the controls to a midi controller just how I want it.
This is the future I have been waiting for :-)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.