Australian Broadcasting Corporation
By Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access all areas of the ABC in one free app
Up-to-the-minute, independent, relevant, informative and entertaining: the best of the ABC whenever you want it, wherever you are. The free ABC app not only features the latest stories from ABC News but also gives you:
- Live TV streaming of ABC News 24 to watch wherever you are, over cellular networks or WiFi
- Breaking news alerts connecting you to events as they happen (requires iOS7 or later)
- News in 90 Seconds, concise on-the-go video summaries to keep you well informed in no time
- Over 30 live metro and regional radio streams to accompany you on your daily commute (including the digital only Double J and - triple j Unearthed)
- A broad and deep range of entertainment, science, rural, technology stories and much more!
Here are some tips to help you keep tabs of your data consumption:
# ABC News 24 can use from 116MB (min) to 313MB (max) per hour, depending on the strength of your network connection
# Live radio streams can consume up to 21MB (max) in 60 minutes
*** Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges ***
What's New in Version 3.7.2
The best Australian news app just got better.
One suggestion though: an "open in browser view" button for iOS 9's new Safari view would be great to ensure that rich media (interactive charts, etc.) are viewable without having to copy a link, task switch to Safari, remove the title from the link... Such a hassle when all I want to do is view ABC's great content!
Good quality app, stable and easy to navigate.
Some ideas for improvement: get user to chose how many articles they want to see, get user to create their own news combination from different categories, ability to zoom into pictures and a 'compact' view (2 line summary of the article to judge if it is interesting to read).
Great news, but app needs an update
The news is easily accessible and doesn't require much bandwidth. Some features that I think would improve the experience: ability to enlarge/zoom images, embedded social media(e.g. tweets) doesn't display in app, ability to read more articles instead of top 15, search for news by keyword
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 November 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.