Australian Broadcasting Corporation for iPad
By Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Access all areas of the ABC in one free app
Up-to-the-minute, independent, relevant, informative and entertaining: the best of the ABC whenever you want it, wherever you are. The free ABC app not only features the latest stories from ABC News but also gives you:
- Live TV streaming of ABC News 24 to watch wherever you are, over cellular networks or WiFi
- Breaking news alerts connecting you to events as they happen (requires iOS7 or later)
- News in 90 Seconds, concise on-the-go video summaries to keep you well informed in no time
- Over 30 live metro and regional radio streams to accompany you on your daily commute (including the digital only Double J and triple j Unearthed)
- A broad and deep range of entertainment, science, rural, technology stories and much more!
Here are some tips to help you keep tabs of your data consumption:
# ABC News 24 can use from 116MB (min) to 313MB (max) per hour, depending on the strength of your network connection
# Live radio streams can consume up to 21MB (max) in 60 minutes
*** Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges ***
What's New in Version 3.7.2
Mrs Kerry Wilson
This was the first app I downloaded when I received my first iPhone, then iPad and I find it invaluable as a reliable source of news. I use it to read about not only national and international news items but also my local news.
Great job ABC please keep up the balance reporting work you do even if under political pressure at different times to change your reporting ethics and high standards.
Thank you :-)
Excellent app I rely on daily when overseas. Only problem is Friday's RN Breakfast - it often appears not to have been downloaded and I never received it. A way of more precisely graduating one's progress through a programme, so that if you are interrupted you can return to the exact place, would be appreciated. The science show, late night live, books & arts - these are among RN's jewels.
It's free and it's Aunty so I use this app most days. I like the links to outside sources and to the ABC website. I get exasperated, however, at the poor sub-editing if that happens at all. Typos, poor grammar, spelling mistakes, clumsy expression and repetition all abound. Break-out quotes work well visually in columns of print on paper but on my tablet they are distracting and annoying. Even the Internet, it seems, cannot save journalism.
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 November 2015
- Version: 3.7.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.