The Australian Financial Review App for iPad
By Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Now get a weekly subscription from within the app *
Some AFR subscribers may need to sign out and sign back in to access articles:
Tap on Menu button, go to My Account in the right column of the Menu. If you are already signed in, please Sign Out and then Sign In using your AFR username and password again.
News breaking. Agenda setting. Authoritative. Experience award winning journalism in a content rich, interactive, world-class app from Australia’s leading authority on business and finance.
Free to download - with full access available to subscribers only. Subscribe direct through Fairfax Media or through iTunes app store.
You can enjoy:
- The Financial Review each morning with breaking news throughout the day, plus evening market analysis.
- Exclusive commentary and analysis in Companies & Markets, Street Talk, Chanticleer, World, Technology and much more.
- Integrated video from Financial Review TV with Airplay capability.
- Markets data centre with key Australian Indices, World Indices, Derivatives, Commodities, Currency Rates, Gainers and Losers, and ASX Announcements.
- Live stock quotes, interactive charts and watchlists.
- Thought-provoking and entertaining articles from Review, Perspective, Smart Money and Men’s Health.
- All your favourite magazines including AFR Magazine, BOSS, Capital, Life & Leisure Luxury and Sophisticated Traveller.
- Saved articles for later reading.
- Sharing through email, Facebook and Twitter.
Additional information about Apple subscriptions:
* Purchase of an auto-renewable subscription is required to access weekly issues of The Australian Financial Review for iPad
* Subscriptions are available for 1 week for AU$17.99 (or local currency equivalent)
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for AU$17.99 (or local currency equivalent)
* Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your iTunes App Store Account Settings after purchase
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- terms and conditions http://www.afr.com/subscription_terms/
What's New in Version 1.3.2
This release includes an update to the display of the Magazine inserts. In addition, there is a fix for the stock search functionality.
Search feature for app needed
iPad app on my I Pad mini works well for news feed and digital downloads and now that Market Data Bugs are fixed makes a high quality app. My only suggestion now is to have a search function for (1) past articles and (2) past editions by date for the digital versions. This will make reviewing previous articles on an evolving topic possible for the app. The features are part of the website but not iPad.
The app is useful to read during the daily commute. Issues: Articles often refresh during reading and skip back to the top - extremely irritating, wastes time and must be fixed. Second point, please don't list duplicates of the same news article across sections. Another time-waster as I try to get through the content. Lastly, run a spell checker through the contents! The number of conjugated words is beyond ridiculous. Release an update to fix these inexcusable problems. WSJ app is leagues, I repeat LEAGUES ahead... they actually have a budget to fix their bugs.
AFR app works well
Having taken up the special 6 month AFR subscription for digital and paper subscription ($180 -great value), I am pleasantly impressed by the new App. I Recently bought an iPad mini with Wi-Fi only. The new AFR App works both on line and off line very well. If I'm heading off for a coffee and have no Wi-Fi I just download the digital edition at home then can read the edition anywhere. When Wi-Fi is available I can access the many hyperlinks and obtain instant upgrades to articles! stock information! Etc.
We'll done to the team at Australian Financial Review. It's a great improvement over the first release of the App.
Biscoe Wilson Architects
- Category: News
- Updated: 30 April 2014
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairfax Digital
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Australian Financial Review app for iPad$17.99