The Australian Financial Review App for iPad
By Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Note: App is currently not optimized for use on iPad pro. All app features are accessible, but there may be some graphical oddities when running the app on such a device. These will be addressed in a future a version.
The new AFR iPad app is now sharper than ever. We’ve redesigned and optimised it to give you a superior reading experience. Plus it now has additional daily and weekly content so you can enjoy Australia’s most trusted finance, business and political news like never before.
- Explore a wealth of new content sections
- Enhanced design for a more visual experience
- Brand new menu and layout for a simplified navigation
- Faster downloads and more frequent updates
- Hyperlinks within stories to related articles within the app
Free to download - with full access available to subscribers only. Subscribe direct through Fairfax Media or through the App Store.
You can enjoy:
- The Financial Review, with content updated throughout the day
- Exclusive commentary and analysis in Companies & Markets, Street Talk, Chanticleer, World, Technology and much more.
- Integrated video from Financial Review TV with Airplay capability.
- Markets data centre with key Australian Indices, World Indices, Derivatives, Commodities, Currency Rates, Gainers and Losers, and ASX Announcements.
- Live stock quotes, interactive charts and watchlists.
- Thought-provoking and entertaining articles from Review, Perspective, Smart Money and Men’s Health.
- All your favourite magazines including AFR Magazine, BOSS, Life & Leisure and Sophisticated Traveller, and now Smart Investor, BRW and Leadership as well.
- Saved articles for later reading.
- Sharing through email, Facebook and Twitter.
Additional information about Apple subscriptions:
* Purchase of an auto-renewable subscription is required to access weekly issues of The Australian Financial Review for iPad
* Subscriptions are available for 1 week for AU$17.99 (or local currency equivalent)
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for AU$17.99 (or local currency equivalent)
* Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your iTunes App Store Account Settings after purchase
* No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- terms and conditions http://www.afr.com/subscription_terms/
What's New in Version 2.0.4
This release is intended to resolve the following:
- Fixes a number of issues that resulted in the app crashing and/or unable to open articles.
- Will allow you to maintain saved articles to your device without this resulting in the app crashing and/or unable to open articles.
This is one of the final releases that will support iOS7, please upgrade your device to ensure optimum experience.
Horribly buggy app
Seriously, each new update gets worse and worse. I have to open and close the app multiple times just to get the daily update. Even then there are often stories on the opening pages from days ago. Now it's forgotten my subscription details (again) so I've had to delete the app and re download in the hope this will correct it.
The FIN is an expensive subscription app and yet the quality is poor.
I've had enough. I'm phoning up to cancel my subscription.
Not only is the app the worst news reading app I've ever used, it's clear that nothing is going to happen to change it's terrible performance. Does anyone from Fairfax even bother to read these reviews?
It's slow, even after the busy icon disappears it just doesn't respond willingly; it randomly displays images and news from the previous day; even deleting and reinstalling it's no better. And yes, I always install updates.
Fairfax, are you serious? I pay for this truly terrible service, and after 6 months I no longer believe you deserve my money.
Still not working
Latest update- check, latest iOS- check, clean device- check, working- sadly still no. As others have said a great app that has been made unusable (and has been for many weeks)- wonder if the ACCC would have anything to say... Anyway off to the shops to buy a paper!
- Category: News
- Updated: 03 November 2015
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 43.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fairfax Media Management Pty Ltd.
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Australian Financial Review app for iPad$17.99