Australian Taxation Office
By Australian Taxation Office
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ATO app puts tax and super help in your hand, making it easier for you to conduct your tax and super affairs on the go.
The app has many features. You can:
- record and manage expenses and trips, relating to your work as an employee, your business as a sole trader or other general expenses. Sole traders can also record income.
- upload your myDeductions records to your tax return at tax time or email a copy to your tax agent
- enrol your voiceprint with the ATO. You can then use this to verify your identity when you call us or to log in to our online services for individuals via the app
- calculate the amount of tax to withhold from salary and wage payments
- search for an Australian business number (ABN) using ABN Lookup
- work out key dates and set important reminders and alerts for tax and super obligations
- use the Business performance check tool to compare your business with similar businesses in your industry using the latest Small business benchmarks
- watch videos, access checklists and visit SMSF assist for other helpful information for SMSF trustees
- access a number of other useful tools and calculators.
*GPS can be used to record trips in myDeductions. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The ATO app can automatically send usage data to us to help improve its services. You may choose to turn this off at any time.
If you have any questions or feedback about the ATO app, email us at email@example.com. We cannot discuss your personal tax affairs.
What's New in Version 5.8.1
- Updated tax rates (not including the tax withheld calculator) for working holiday makers.
Would be amazing if mygov and its inbox was accessible from within the app.
Useful, but backup your data
Recording your income and expenses directly in the app is super handy. You can then submit it all at the end of the tax year.
The downside is that this data is only stored on your app, not in the cloud.
So if you lose your phone or delete the app it's all gone.
This also means you can't sync your data between devices.
There is however the option to backup your data. You will get a CSV file and instructions on how to reimport your backup if you need to.
So the facility is there if you want to keep copies or manually move this data between devices.
For me, the prospect of something going wrong and important data about my business transactions being lost seems too great a risk with this app.
Give it cloud storage and this will be a truly useful app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 31 December 2016
- Version: 5.8.1
- Size: 89.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Australian Taxation Office
- © ATO for the Commonwealth of Australia. You are free to use this material in any way you wish (provided you don’t suggest the ATO or the Commonwealth endorses you or your services or products).
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.