The Avid® Scorch® app transforms your iPad mobile device into an interactive music stand, score library, and sheet music store. With this powerful app, viewing beautiful scores is just the beginning.
Thanks to the award-winning Sibelius® engine, Scorch generates interactive notation. Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument—then give a great performance using Music Stand mode. Whether you want to showcase your own music or purchase scores from world-class publishers, Scorch is the easy way to practise and perform your favourite sheet music on the go.
• Get started right away with included content and how-to material
• View your own Sibelius or Sibelius First scores and lead sheets—plus chart-toppers, classics, and other premium content from a variety of world-class publishers
• Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument by transposing a score, changing instruments, or converting to and from guitar tab
• Display individual parts to remove distraction and focus solely on your instrument
• See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display
• Hear your score by playing it back with sampled instrument sounds
• Mix your score to suit your needs
• Give a great performance and easily turn pages in Music Stand mode
• Increase contrast and make music more legible by changing the text and paper texture
• Enjoy working with the sleek, intuitive user interface
• Send files to Scorch from apps such as Dropbox or Mail
• Publish your own music and sell it in the Scorch Store (requires Sibelius or Sibelius First)
• Make secure, one-touch in-app purchases through your iTunes account
• Find help quickly and easily with the online FAQs and support forum
View and Play Beautiful Scores
Scorch is the convenient, elegant way to keep your Sibelius scores with you wherever you go. Get started quickly and easily with the intuitive touch-screen interface and included content. Choose from a variety of paper textures and font choices, and view your scores with stunning clarity. You can also hear your compositions by playing them back with sampled instruments—and that’s just the beginning.
Learn, Rehearse, and Perform
Scorch makes it easy to learn and practise by adapting scores to your needs. Transpose the music to play in a key that’s more comfortable for you or your vocalist, change instruments, or convert to and from guitar tab. See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display. Focus solely on your instrument and remove other parts to eliminate distraction. Then when you’re ready to perform, engage Music Stand mode to turn pages quickly and stay in the moment.
Join the Community
Scorch is your ticket into a huge online community of sheet music providers and enthusiasts. The in-app store provides unparalleled access to the most popular sheet music from the world’s top publishers—including over 150,000 premium titles from Hal Leonard and Music Sales. Browse and purchase sheet music within the application, and enjoy the simplicity and security of using your existing iTunes account. You can also publish your Sibelius and Sibelius First scores and sell them to others.
The Professional Choice
The world’s leading composers, arrangers, copyists, publishers, and educators trust Sibelius notation software to create beautiful scores quickly. Powered by the award-winning Sibelius engine, Scorch is the full-featured, professional way to learn, practise, and perform sheet music on the go.
Synthesizer and wavetables licensed from Crimson Technology, Inc.
Support for scores created in Sibelius 2018.4
Ratings and Reviews
A good start but buggy
Pros - nice looking, easy to get Sibelius scores in program, simple to use. Transpose function is excellent.
Cons - buggy still. Pages turn really slowly, imported score from sib 7 with 4 parts and won't let you select either of two lower parts to view individually (though this works on purchased scores) Scorch store doesn't always load properly. Would be good to also have access to Sibelius music (or score exchange as it is now). When in landscape and playing part it doesn't move the score along as it plays - leaving half the score off screen but still plays. Needs to be able to play part and follow on screen so you could playalong without having to physically change the screen position. Also why a percentage for speed change? Surely this is written for people who can understand BPM!
Keep the updates coming - this has great potential but not there yet.
Does the job, could do it better
It does what it says. Can open the newest Sibelius files. Really useful when someone emails me a .sib file since I can launch it in 2 seconds on the iPad instead of waiting for Sibelius 7 to take ages to load, not to mention turning on my computer!
It'd be great if audio quality could be better as when listening to full orchestral scores many instruments tend to get lost since the app can't handle that many audio layers.
A high audio quality switch needs to be added. New iPads have the processing power, they need to utilise this!
Basic editing is a must, changing key and instrumentation is good and all but being able to notate basic functions would be appreciated.
Great App overall.
Found the app user friendly. What would be great is the ability to compose. Also when I load. Scores it would be great to be able to create folders to group scores. I have over 1000 scores and scrolling to a long list is cumbersome.
Some more sounds, or more realistic sounds for orchestration. Sounds very midi like.
A Dropbox/one drive sync via the app would be fantastic.
- Avid Technology Inc
- 121.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Avid Technology, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Scorch Score $5.99
- Scorch Score $4.49
- Scorch Score $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.