You don’t sound like a robot when you speak in your mother tongue (no offence to real robots reading this), so why learn a new language only to talk like one? We want to get you confidently speaking a language like you’ve always wanted, not just memorising a list of vocabulary words or learning sentences you’ll never use.
Give us a go – your first lesson is free!
LEARNING WITH BABBEL
• 14 languages available: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian. Probably best you don’t try them all at once.
• Made by humans – expert linguists are behind all of our courses. We keep them warm and well-fed.
• Choose courses on topics you care about, and learn what matters to you.
• 15 minute lessons (on average) – learn without upsetting your calendar (we know how sensitive it can be).
• Progress is synced across all devices, and all content can be downloaded for offline use. So you can learn anytime and anywhere, except in your sleep (we’re still working on that technology).
• Review Manager – helps you keep new vocabulary up there once you’ve learnt it.
• Easy to use – simple and clear interface.
• We’re also available on Apple Watch – another easy way to practice on the go.
THINGS THAT MAKE US BLUSH :
**Fast Company # 1 Most Innovative Education Company 2016**
**The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App**
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language. Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period. Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
You'll get access to all courses for the following durations:
GET IN TOUCH
Any ideas, comments or feedback? Then we’d love to hear it! Email us at email@example.com
YOU CAN ALSO...
...visit us at www.babbel.com
...like us on Facebook: facebook.com/babbel.languages
...watch us on Youtube: youtube.com/user/LessonNine
…follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/babbel
or on Instagram: instagram.com/babbel.languages/
Check out our new look! Babbel has a fresh design to make it even easier to learn and explore. Take a peek!
Ratings and Reviews
Bite-size language learning
I started using Babbel (French) after my friend recommended it and I just love it! The lessons are the perfect length and I love the way they are set out into 3 parts - introduction, exercises and revision/renforcement. The grammar notes throughout the lessons are also a wonderful way to make things clearer. Personally, I find it easy to learn something if there is a ‘rule’, you know, things like, “ i before e, except after c” (I still recite it when I write the word, ‘receive’) and Babbel’s Little grammar notes during the lesson at the appropriate times are like those little ‘lightbulb moments’ where you just think, “oh, now I get it!”
The images help reinforce what you are learning too and the accents are clear. Wish I’d started it earlier! Thanks for an amazing App, Babbel! :)
Engaging and challenging
Great well made app with a nice degree of challenge to each class. It uses multiple methods to teach you the same thing so you are not simply pressing buttons using muscle memory. I do three classes a day, two in the morning and a revision in the afternoon. I find this is perfect and has just the right amount of new information.
I would like to see the ability to go back a page during a class, as I have accidentally skipped a few helpful tips, or even a summery of tips at the end. I also agree with another review about adding some passive learning tools like podcasts, etc. i think this would add a bit more diversity and help when walking or driving to maintain practice.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks so much for your review and suggestions! Although it's not yet possible to go back a page in the app, this feature is available on a laptop/computer at babbel.com. I have noted your request for this in the app too. We'd also love to expand our learning tools and offer a podcast, so I've also noted your request for this! Please enjoy your studies and make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter, so you'll hear about any new features we add 😊
- Lesson Nine GmbH
- 182.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lesson Nine GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- French 1 month $19.99
- French 3 months $44.99
- Spanish 1 month $19.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.