A unified calendar for a coherent Bahá’í life.
This is a Bahá’í Calendar for personal and professional time-management, planning and reference. It uses your existing calendars accounts, like Apple / iCloud, iCal, Google, Outlook etc.., so all events also appear on any Mac, PC or other device that use the same accounts. The Badí (Bahá’í) calendar is shown with the Gregorian calendar, or the calendar from your region, culture or country (through settings). This makes it easy to unite the routines and spirit of a Bahá’í daily life, with the daily planning and scheduling requirements of work, school and social life in general.
Bahá’í holydays (with local times), periods and feasts are clearly marked with colors and text. Graphical elements and coloring are used as educational elements to indicate sunset and seasons (each have their specified color).
The 4 seasons goes like a colored thread through the year, according to the "Badí calendar" which is the name of this unique solar calendar system: 3 white spring- months, 4 yellow summer-months, 6 green autumn-months, and 6 red winter-months.
Events added and edited in the Bahá’í Calendar app is part of the general system of notifications, meetings-invitations, Siri-control, maps etc. This app may thus accompany or even replace the built in calendar.
- Displays the system-date alongside the Bahá’í dates for a unified use
- Each calendar event is marked as a dot with the color of the calendar it belongs to (family, work, google, outlook...)
- Search for events
- Holydays, special periods and Nineteen Day Feasts are shown, and can also be populated as events into any of you calendar accounts.
- Select first day of the week: Jalál (Glory/Saturday), Sunday or Monday.
- Display the calendrical names in Arabic, English or System language (translations in progress)
- Holydays with specified times are calculated according to local sunset times of that day, and daylight saving
- Date-shifts and local sunrise/set times are calculated separately for each day, and thus follow natural seasonal variations
- Settings allow dates to shift at 6 in the evening in the northern regions of the world
- Seasons are illustrated with coloring, as given in the writings (3 x white, 4 x yellow, 6 x green, 6 x red)
- The Nineteen Day Feasts are marked with the color of the season
- Additional date-info is shown to make it easier to see which events belong to which Bahá’í and system-dates
- 3D Touch actions supported for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus (and newer)
- Dates and holydays are strictly calculated according to the 50 years of dates published by The Universal House of Justice
- Dates beyond year 172-220 displays only system dates
- Works in both portrait and landscape
- The app language is english for now, but date-formats are still local (translations are in progress)
This app will never contain ads, require an account or collect your personal data, but it still requires months of dedicated development to create a professional-grade solution. By purchasing it, you not only get it for your own use, but also support and enable further development of e.g. a week view, reminders, more beautification, info behind the holydays, translations, Apple Watch integration, etc...
Plans and ideas for coming and future updates (in any order, and as time/revenue allows):
- Year view
- Utilize the larger space of iPad and iPhone Plus screens
- iOS 8+ Widget
- Apple Watch
- Show, add and edit events using the Bahá’í dates alongside system dates
- Layout refinements and optimizations
- Performance enhancements
- More functionality and different ways to show the calendar, based on user feedback and devices/versions in use
The logo is created by the Norwegian photographer and designer Jens von Krogh, and represents the four seasons, with their colors and duration.
Use firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what's important for you.
Just minor graphical bug-fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Very well designed, it encapsulates anything you need for a functional Badi calendar. It could be improved in terms of its month and day view.
Love this app
Syncs seamlessly with iCal on the iPhone and vice versa. Can set alarms just as in iCal. Great effort by the developers who seem to have received bountiful confirmations! Well worth the money: highly recommended.
Thanks for all the time and effort to develop this gem! So beautiful i always wanted to have a proper Bahai calendar on my iPhone!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.