By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.2
Bastion now takes advantage of some of the latest features of iOS 7! Thank you to all our fans for your continued support.
- Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
I have been looking for a game like this for ages. This game is near perfect. I love the story, the art style, the combat, the music and i love the unique-ness of the narrator throughout the game. I would happily have paid more for this game. At $1 its practically stealing.
The only problem i have is the lagging; after every few loading screens, the game will lag terribly, this can only be fixed by restarting the app and beginning again from the last save point. Even with the lag however, this game is still 5 stars and definately my favourite app i own
Just a note to all buyers, pay attention to the compatibility for this game. There are so many foolish people downloading it and taking it out on the game and giving bad ratings.
This is a fantastic and fairly simplistic controlled game. Narration is extremely entertaining, although for the iPhone the characters are a bit small and occasional squinting is required. Music is great, story and gameplay is great. It's an immersive little game that is well worth the money. Awesome job developer dudes!!!
Top 5 iOS
One of the few games that I've played in iOS that after I finished the game (around 3-4 hours) I started a game+
Very well executed, no glitches, no bugs, no crashes, great story, surprising ending, you choose your own difficulty through God gifts, different weapons (but only a few quite useful), and the guys voice doing the narrative is awesome.
Classic joystick or an alternative control system. Advice BUY IT.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 561 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.