The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
Apple Watch Support:
Story summaries, glanceable headlines and breaking news alerts delivered straight to your wrist
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Urban Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
We release regular updates to the BBC News app to fix issues and improve performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be prepared to pay to get rid of ads
Your sports news coverage is the best in the world and I am addicted to it. But the ads have taken the shine off it for me. Intrusive, impossible to turn off and over the last 3 days they just pop up even when I haven’t clicked on a banner. The quality of news is such that I’d happily pay $2 - $5 per month to get rid of these ads. I’ve found myself going on the app less and less and looking for ad-free alternatives. Real shame.
Crashes MOST of the time
I like the way content is structured in the app - it’s clean and easy to scroll and decide which news you want to read.
However, this app have crashed on me so many times, i’ve decided to delete it. You’re in the midst of reading an article, and the app blacks out and closes. You open the app again, and you’ve lost your page. Worst thing is, you try to ignore it and continue reading/browsing and it continues to crash countless times. Disappointing.
Crashes galore and over the top ads
I’ve loved and used this app for years but for the past few months I can not read more than 2 articles without a crash which is becoming infuriating. Fix this you lazy gits! Also the whole screen ads popping up as you are clicking on the screen to scroll within an article immediately taking you to the advertisers website is too much. Dial it down or lose users
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- 78 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 BBC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.