Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This application has a really proven to be a help to me with not only staying on task for long periods of time but to also allow me to keep track of how much work I have done in the day. It would be nice to have a built in stopwatch/timer as this is not a feature that I believe is included is stock Mac OS. It has to be said too: the advertisements, while there, are discreet and I have never been bothered by them. I highly recomend this app for anyone struggling with heavy workloads or just needs help concentrating.
(this was written in my five minute break)
SImply does what it promises
This app helps me keep focused knowing in 25 mins I will get notified to break. The ability to list actual tasks and assign time also makes me plan my working time in advance. Of all the pomodoros, this is the simplest and least intrusive. I wish I could re-order the long breaks to match a lunch break. Entirely worth using to do one specific job really well.
Simple and Effective
Good simple app. The principal is quite effective - once you get into the rhythm, taking short breaks between periods of activity really helps with sustained work, such as on a written or reading task. The ads every so often for the paid version are annoying, but at least it’s not whisking you away to a website or something.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.