Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Export to a CSV file
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone and Mac*
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
* Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
• Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Time waits for no one!
updated review: 16 July 2018
I used Be Focused pro for a while then found it’s associated app Focus Matrix. The synchronisation between these two apps has been very useful, made all the better because the apps are synced across all devices, including my desktop.
Focus Matrix is an elegantly simple task managment tool that gives me an excellent visual reference enabling me to immediateily see what needs my attention first and what still needs to be prioritised. Focus Matrix is linked to Be Focused through my account so tasks I add to Focus Matrix appear in the timer app ready to time my work on them.
Easy to use and very effective.
It is all to easy to let time slip throught our fingers and have little to show for it.
I have been using the ‘Free’ version of Pomodoro for awhile and it has greatly increased my productivity. Better still it serves as an aid to show others how I have structured or prioritised my time..
Setting up a series of tasks to track really helps in planning busy days with lots of competing tasks.
It is a good, simple way to manage your affairs.
Good but needs some quick development to make it great
I really enjoy the pro features and it is well worth the price. My only issue is not being able to set different time intervals for differnt tasks, e.g. I would only like to do 30 minutes of emails before a break but I’d like to do 45 mins of writing. I’m looking forward to seeing this minor update in the next release. Syn with iOS works great, that is really helpful.
Good but could be great
Has really helped me focus and get organised — except for the constant interuptive request to post a review. I would like to be able to set different focus periods for different tasks. Price is reasonable but would expect free ipad / iphone intergration once I have paid for the pro version rather than having to pay for each component individually. Will not be happy if I have to pay for further upgrades.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.