By Surf Life Saving Australia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taking a road trip up the coast? Going on holiday? Perhaps you're just looking for a safe beach to swim at? With Beachsafe's unrivalled coverage of Australian beaches (Approx 12,000 of them) you can find the nearest beaches to you in seconds and view comprehensive information about each and every one of them.
Users of Surf Life Saving Australia's amazing Beachsafe app can access detailed information about Australia's beaches, including full weather and forecast information, tide, swell, water temperature, service patrol periods, Lifesaving Clubs, regulatory and hazard information. It's everything to do with the beach in one location, concisely presented.
Within the app you can view real-time, on the day hazard and beach status information along with up to date images of the current beach conditions. This feature is available during spring and summer on weekends for most of the major beaches along the coastline where a Surf Life Saving service is present.
-- App Features --
• Use the star icon to save your favourite beaches into the 'My Beaches' section for quick and easy reference.
• Important Beach safety information for visitors to Australian beaches
• Translate all information into one of 72 languages
• Beaches near me (using GPS)
• Search for beaches
• Search for a town, city or region and find the nearest beaches in that area
• Add/View upcoming events at your local beach
• Facebook integration allows you to comment directly on beaches of interest
-- Beach Information --
• Display if the beach is patrolled or unpatrolled and show this weeks patrol information
• Check future dates for patrol information prior to any trips to the coast
• Detailed weather showing the current temp and also a weekly forecast
• Water temperature
• Swell forecast graph including height and direction
• Tide times with alternative stations available
• UV Index
• Radar Map showing weather conditions
• Potential hazards you may encounter
• Detailed patrol times (if patrolled)
• Detailed information about the beach itself including swimming, surfing and fishing descriptions
• Display the location of real time hazards and beach status information when lifesavers are present including the location of the red and yellow flags
The app, which was produced in conjunction with the beach safety website - beachsafe.org.au is aimed primarily at tourists and visitors who might be unfamiliar with the parts of Australia they are visiting. However it can be used by anyone on any device (Computer, Tablet and Phone) to check beach information and conditions.
Visitors to the beach can now make educated decisions about swimming, surfing, rock-fishing and diving based upon the information supplied.
With a direct link between the app and Surf Life Saving Australia's nationwide network of surf club managed databases, users of this app can be assured that the patrol information and beach safety warnings are totally up-to-date.
If you find yourself in a new area that you are not familiar with, then you can utilise this app's location aware features to identify all the nearby beaches or alternatively, simply enter a place or beach name in the search window and the app will return results filtered in order by distance.
If you find this app useful and you wish to help support Surf Life Saving Australia and our 140,000 volunteers (we are funded entirely by charitable donations) then please click on the "More" tab within the app where you will find options for donating.
Be safe at the beach, get Beachsafe.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
64 Bit Compatible
Rubbish, city-centric fear-mongering and inaccurate.
Obviously written by a bunch of 'PC' paddling pool loving wowsers who also haven't done their research. Most beaches I know around Albany don't even come up, whilst others can be found mis-spelled and with inaccurate information. Take for example the incorrectly named 'Green Pool' (it's 'Greens' - recently named one of the top beaches in the world on TripAdvisor), listed as 'highly dangerous'. It's a flipping mill-pond recommended for kids.
Bad app for tourism and poorly executed. So sick of this kind of fearful, inaccurate rubbish.
Helps you pick the best beach
Such a great app for deciding which beach to go to with our kids - checking for patrol, swell, weather, toilets etc: it takes all the guesswork out of where to go and helps make sure we have a great beach visit
App update needed
Been using this app for a while however the beach status isn't showing up anymore. This feature was very handy in selecting which beach to go before heading to one and then finding it closed.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 28 May 2015
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 62.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Surf Life Saving Australia Ltd.
- © Surf Live Saving Australia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.